PDA

View Full Version : Troy Power

FELIX17
08-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Looks like the California draft is a waste of time for the Raiders.

From The Scouting News:

{Removed due to copyright infringement: Please see the rules section 3.1 No "spreading of copyrighted Material": Please do not upload, attach or post anything that is copyright or licensed without prior consent of the owner.}

Triton
08-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Thats why Brandon passed on picking in that rediculous thing.I knew he wasn't gonna come.

SeventhHeaven4U
08-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Forgive my naivety, but someone fill me in on this "Bobby Ryan" kinda deal, please.

It's unfortunate that the Raiders lost Power & Nicastro.... I kinda figured if Nicastro didn't wanna play in PA, neither would Power. What is the "lure" of the NCAA? I think it is blossoming into a huge thorn in the WHL's side!

Dwight Schrute
08-15-2006, 07:16 PM
i also am wondering what type of deal the bobby ryan deal was. we all know what the angelo esposito was, but whats the bobby ryan deal ???
maybe the raiders actually have to do something to get the players to want to come here or want to stay here.

Triton
08-15-2006, 07:19 PM
NCAA is overrated.If they want to go to college or university so bad why don't they play their 5 years in the dub and use their education funds afterwards.

NCAA is becoming a pain in the ass.

Dwight Schrute
08-15-2006, 07:27 PM
NCAA is overrated.If they want to go to college or university so bad why don't they play their 5 years in the dub and use their education funds afterwards.

NCAA is becoming a pain in the ass.
i totally agree. i still believe the chl is the best path to the nhl. also whats wrong with earning a scholarship to a canadien university. cis hockey is also good hockey

SeventhHeaven4U
08-15-2006, 08:03 PM
i totally agree. i still believe the chl is the best path to the nhl. also whats wrong with earning a scholarship to a canadien university. cis hockey is also good hockey

I don't think it is so much about what the Raiders as a club have to offer as to what Canadian University Hockey has to offer for these hockey players. Our universities in Canada are by far the best when it comes to the quality and their standards.... BUT lets face it, the university hockey teams are by no means as good as the NCAA teams.... There is the problem! If our universiity hockey program was as good as theirs we would have more players playing in the Dub (and possible the eniter CHL) because they would have Great hockey and great educational opportunities. How many canadian university hockey players go on to the NHL/AHL compared to NCAA?? Not a heck of alot.

Dwight Schrute
08-15-2006, 09:38 PM
yea but the university program for chl grads is if they dont make it to the nhl. either way they will be set.