PDA

View Full Version : Camp is just around the corner

Warrior Fan
08-15-2006, 10:48 PM
As I see it right now it looks like this...
McArdle(19) Holzapfel(18) Rapac(19)? If he has the skill level.
Smith(18) Wray(18) Herman(19)
Gillen(20) Bast(17) McKenzie(19)
Robinson(18) Prokop(16) Grecica(16)
*Labreche(16)-- He is going to push for a spot for sure. He has skill and smarts.
** One of the following could make the team as well. Maybe 2.
Hull(17), Nyren(17), Haag(17) one of these 3 should be close to a spot as well. Early to tell but I liked the seasons they had. Have to see who comes prepared. Could see either McKenzie/Gillen or both moved for one higher end forward. Maybe a 20 year old. If one of these 3 above are worthy of a spot at all.

Simpson(20) Grundling (19)
Zetariuk(20) Erhardt(17)
Chapman(19) Frere(18)
Sutter(18)Stanton(17)/Suer(16)/Hamonic(16) will battle for the last spot.

That is a great position to be in. If the younger dmen prove they can play and play well we could be in a position to move an old dman for a forward and allow the younger dmen to develop more.

At seasons end we look to lose Grundling, Simpson, Zetariuk, Gillen and McArdle for sure. Would be nice to move some of the older dmen. Have an abundance in that area. We could move one of the 20's and look for a centerman for the top line and move Holzapfel down with Wray and Smith on the second line. Simpson and Gillen for 19/20 year old center would be a nice addition to the team.

Perricone(19)-with Leslie gone he is the number one man.
Jebson(17)-froht runner going into camp to back up.
Karambelas, Willow are both 17 and 16. Kaczmar is going to be a 19 year old. Depending on how he plays he could make some noise.

Lots of real tough decisions in camp this season. I believe this is the deepest pool of young talent the Warriors have ever had to look at. What does that spell? A very bright future.

starplayer9
08-16-2006, 11:21 AM
From what I hear Prokop did not have a very succesfull year this past season. I have not yet heard about Grecica, but either way they are both 2 young talented forwards to keep an eye on. Also I have heard that Jebsen has signed with Burnaby in the BC league. You are correct with saying that this years talent level is at a high level, I beleive camp will have a high intensity and should be fun to watch.

Warrior Fan
08-16-2006, 11:29 AM
I believe that Prokop was on a very good AAA team in Manitoba with alot of depth and he was a 15 year old. He scored 21 points in roughly 35 games. Grecica didn't score a ton either. I am basing them making the team on a couple of things.
One - Size, they are both huge players that skate pretty well.
Two - Draft position. 1st and 3rd round picks are likely to be developed young
Three - The games I saw them play during the season. They looked strong on the puck and weren't out of place.
Four - Camp both players looked very good.

Jebson may have signed and his team last season (icebreakers) was not in first place by any stretch of the imagination. The scouts there compared him to Kirk McLean. He was outstanding at camp last season and worked very hard. My understanding is if it wasn't for him the games during his last season would have been embarrassing in some cases.

I just think the talent and depth is just outstanding and we could see some players make it that we just didn't expect.

Thanks for the reply.

Hatguy
08-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Hey, when does camp start? and when is the black and white game? Probably closer to September.

SeventhHeaven4U
08-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey, when does camp start? and when is the black and white game? Probably closer to September.

Camp starts August 25th. WOOHOO!!!! :groovy:

Warrior Fan
08-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Camp starts August 25th. WOOHOO!!!! :groovy:

Hard to believe really. We usually are around the 18th of Sept before we see preseason games.

It will likely work out okay though as we won't be waiting for too many returnee's from pro camps. We should have Kendall back by mid Sept depending on the camp dates in Florida.

SeventhHeaven4U
08-16-2006, 02:48 PM
I've been trying to follow the Panthers camps but there really isn't alot on them, unlike the Lightning. I would love to see Kendall play in the AHL, but one more season here would be beneficial for both team and McArdle.

Good Luck to all prospects and returning players!!!! :groovy:

Hatguy
08-16-2006, 04:20 PM
First game is september 1st gotta love hockey that soon again!

Warrior Fan
08-16-2006, 06:33 PM
I've been trying to follow the Panthers camps but there really isn't alot on them, unlike the Lightning. I would love to see Kendall play in the AHL, but one more season here would be beneficial for both team and McArdle.

Good Luck to all prospects and returning players!!!! :groovy:
He would have to make the big club so he will be back for sure. It is just a matter of when. I think he will actually benefit from playing with Holzapfel at center as well. Ryley is so smart and aggressive on the puck there are always alot of turnovers so it will be a big change for him. Rupac sounds like a decent player. He scored very well in the SR league so he should be a nice addition.
I actually expect Herman to really start to show signs of dominance this season as well as Robinson scoring around 15 goals as well.

Hatguy
08-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Here are the official times according to the Warriors site.

2006 Training Camp Starts Friday

Moose Jaw, SK: The anticipation of the upcoming Moose Jaw Warrior hockey season can be felt throughout the Civic Centre as training camp begins Friday August 25th . Listed below is the schedule for training camp and all are welcome to come and take in the training camp action at the Civic Centre.

Friday August 25th
5:00pm---Registration

Saturday August 26th
9:00am-10:00am---Practice Team 1 (90s & 91s)
10:15am-11:30am---Practice Team 2 (90s & 91s)
11:30am-12:30pm---Practice Team 3 (86s-89s)
12:45pm-1:45pm---Practice Team 4 (86s-89s)
Break
4:00pm-5:50pm-Scrimmage (90s-91s)
6:00pm-8:00pm---Scrimmage (86s-89s)

Sunday August 27th
9:00am-10:50am---Team 1 vs. Team 2
11:00am-12:50pm---Team 3 vs. Team 4
2:10pm-2:55pm---Goalie Session Teams 1 & 2
2:55pm-3:40pm---Goalie Session Teams 3 & 4
3:55pm-5:45pm---Team 2 vs. Team 4
6:00pm-7:50pm---Team 1 vs. Team 3

Monday August 28th
8:00am-9:50am---Team 2 vs. Team 3
10:05am-11:55am---Team 1 vs. Team 1
1:05pm-2:55pm---Team 1 vs. Team 2
3:10pm-5:00pm---Team 3 vs. Team 4

Hatguy
08-22-2006, 01:04 PM
And to answer my own question regarding the black and white game.

Moose Jaw Warriors Black & White Game Announced

Moose Jaw, SK: The Moose Jaw Warriors Black & white game has been scheduled for Tuesday August 29th at 7:00pm at the Moose Jaw Civic Centre. This Black & White game highlight's players that have participated in the Warriors Training Camp. Admission is $2 per person with all proceeds going towards the Moose Jaw Warrior Education Fund. The public is encouraged to come to the Civic Centre and watch these talented athletes as they compete for a position on the 2006-07 Warrior roster.