PDA

View Full Version : Let's get it going !

RebelsFan
08-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Come on guys, less than a week until camp starts. Lets get going with the guessing and speculation! Shiny, Section N, Rebel39, RDRebelsfan, this is the longest stretch of inactivity I have seen in the last year. Who will the back up goalie be? Will Hanzal show? Who will make the team? What will the lines be?

SectionNDeserter
08-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Who will the back up goalie be?Morgan Clark

Will Hanzal show?I think this is a pretty safe bet

Who will make the team? What will the lines be?There was a thread on this a month or so ago. After reading that thread, I think that it is safe to say that there are going to be a few more trades, as they are a little thin on the back end still, and pretty deep at a few of the forward positions.

3rebels
08-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Hey SectionN - Is that pic of you AFTER drinking Jolt Cola or your response to all the guessing about the line-up n' pairings and trade rumours ??
lol :D :D

SectionNDeserter
08-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Hey SectionN - Is that pic of you AFTER drinking Jolt Cola or your response to all the guessing about the line-up n' pairings and trade rumours ??
lol :D :DThats an old picture from when I sat in section N, everyone there looks like that! *ducks*

RebelsFan
08-16-2006, 06:36 PM
I was told there is a 17 year old goalie coming to camp as well that will challenge Clark for the back up spot. I would agree with the trade comment. I would think at least one more older D-man would help.

Shinyshoes
08-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Thats an old picture from when I sat in section N, everyone there looks like that! *ducks* *swings* .....Your lucky!

Im not totally sure about the trade for a defenceman.

We have Paul Levarsky (Who I still think should have made the team last year), Patrick Koyzra, Mike Scarborough and Zak Stebner. Levarsky and Koyzra are both 17, and Scarborough and Stebner are 16, and all 4 looked like they could step into our lineup at the summer camp.

Of the D that look like they will be on the team:
Henry is 20
Egener, McDermott, Berube and Cann are all 18

and lets not forget that Lamoureux (19 yr old) is a natural Defenceman, even though he has played forward the last 1.5 seasons.

If Sutter is trying to build a Memorial Cup team for 2008-2009 season, I think he will start to bring up as many of the 16-17 year old players to get them as much experience as possible.

As for Goaltending spots, Morgan Clark(90) is the early frontrunner for the backup to Reimer, and with Eidsness not comming to summer camp (And apparently looking in other directions, or for a trade) That leaves Dayn Belfour(89), Travis Rolheiser(89) and Andrew Walsh(90) trying to unseat him, and 15 year old Sean Bonar(91) will also be at Camp.

As for who will make the team, I want 2 days of camp to make my decision....

Tinner
08-17-2006, 09:46 AM
there is a long list of possibilities, but as shiny has said......I'll watch a couple days of camp and then post my predictions.

as for the pic of seventh, I think it came from filling up at a gas station lately!

RebelsFan
08-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Dayn Balfou is Eddie's kid right. The internet shows he was just on the under 18 USA team. Wouldn't that give him a good shot?

RDRebelsfan
08-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Come on guys, less than a week until camp starts. Lets get going with the guessing and speculation! Shiny, Section N, Rebel39, RDRebelsfan, this is the longest stretch of inactivity I have seen in the last year. Who will the back up goalie be? Will Hanzal show? Who will make the team? What will the lines be?

Back Up Goalie-Morgna Clark probably

Hanzal is a given to show.

As far as the rest goes I'll have to watch the intrasquad game and attend some exhibition contests.

SeventhHeaven4U
08-17-2006, 07:48 PM
there is a long list of possibilities, but as shiny has said......I'll watch a couple days of camp and then post my predictions.

as for the pic of seventh, I think it came from filling up at a gas station lately!

Lol I'm much cuter than that pic of SectionNDeserter :p

SectionNDeserter
08-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Yay! (http://www.reddeerrebels.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=257&Itemid=36) :bounce:

dondo
08-17-2006, 09:24 PM
cool..

*no pun intended* ;)

thx for sharing -- I love the smell of a hockey rink with fresh ice ... mmmm

3rebels
08-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Been as I was the one to start razzing Sec-N about his fabulous pic, I thought I better let everyone know that I do not have to many pics of meself. I tend to break to many lenses !! :D

SectionNDeserter
08-18-2006, 07:35 PM
We have Paul Levarsky (Who I still think should have made the team last year), Patrick Koyzra, Mike Scarborough and Zak Stebner. Levarsky and Koyzra are both 17, and Scarborough and Stebner are 16, and all 4 looked like they could step into our lineup at the summer camp.Still, there is a lot of rookie/sketchy defensemen back there, and Sutter isn't bringing over 2 blue-chip imports with the idea that they are playing on the 4th line so with the talent that they have besides the imports, guys like Knackstedt would drop to the 3rd or 4th line, which doesn't seem very reasonable. And an experienced '87 defenseman would be nice....

tiny
08-19-2006, 12:36 AM
Still, there is a lot of rookie/sketchy defensemen back there, and Sutter isn't bringing over 2 blue-chip imports with the idea that they are playing on the 4th line so with the talent that they have besides the imports, guys like Knackstedt would drop to the 3rd or 4th line, which doesn't seem very reasonable. And an experienced '87 defenseman would be nice....

I expect Knackstedt to play with Brandon. If so, it won't be the 3rd or fourth line unless we have interchangeable lines 1, 2 and 3.

SectionNDeserter
08-19-2006, 10:14 AM
I expect Knackstedt to play with Brandon. If so, it won't be the 3rd or fourth line unless we have interchangeable lines 1, 2 and 3.Knackstedt was just an example of players who are more than ready to step up to the top 2 lines from last season. If Knackstedt is playing with Brandon (who will presumably be on the first line), then where do you have Starkov, Hanzal, Vandermeer, Leblanc, Marvin, Pieper and Poulter? Most of them are certainly not going to respond well to playing on the 3rd and 4th lines (again) this year.

RebelsFan
08-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Left Wing Centre Right Wing

Starkov Hanzal Brandon Sutter
Pieper Brett Sutter Knackstedt
Pighin Poulter Vandermeer
Lamoureau Mappin Halliday
Leblanc
Betts

Henry,Berube,Egener,McDermott,Levarsky,Stebner,Koz yra,Scarborough,Cann.

Reimer, Balfour, Clark

Seems like maybe we could trade a left winger for an experienced Dman. We look good on D but experience is invaluable! Maybe a left winger and Cann for an experienced d-man.

SectionNDeserter
08-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I doubt that Sutter is going to keep Vandermeer if he is going to occupy a 3rd line overage slot, and certainly Lamoureux will be moved if he is going to return as a 4th line forward. After their play down the stretch, it is hard to imagine that Poulter will be a 3rd liner, and LeBlanc will be an extra on this team. :confused: That is why I think that one or more of these forwards are going to go for an '87 defenseman.

rdreb
08-19-2006, 01:32 PM
there is still going to be moves made still, if there isn't this what it could look like.
Reimer Clark or Eidness

Henry,Berube,Egener,Stebner,Kozyar,Levarsky,McDerm ott,Cann

Hanzel,Brandon Sutter,Kanackstedt
Pighn,Brett Sutter,Starkou
PIeper,Vandy,Lamoureau
Betts,Halliday,Mappin
Briard.Fraser

Have fun with this we will all know in about 30 days

tiny
08-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I doubt that Sutter is going to keep Vandermeer if he is going to occupy a 3rd line overage slot,

[QUOTE=SectionNDeserter]and certainly Lamoureux will be moved if he is going to return as a 4th line forward.

[QUOTE=SectionNDeserter]After their play down the stretch, it is hard to imagine that Poulter will be a 3rd liner, and LeBlanc will be an extra on this team. :confused: That is why I think that one or more of these forwards are going to go for an '87 defenseman.

I find it hard to find a fit for Vandy too.
I think Lamoureux should stick because of his overall desire, muscle, and ability to move back if necessary.
Don't forget we have Eidsness (G) available as well and he had a pretty good season last year. (good trade bait??)

I see three pretty solid lines and a fourth of youngsters that will get a share of playing time.

My pre-camp lines:

Knackstedt Brandon Sutter Poulter
Pieper Hanzal Brett Sutter
Lamoureau Starkov Leblanc
Betts Mappin Halliday

(Pighin Briard Fraser Edwards Marvin) Have never seen Pighin and Marvin.

Henry,Berube,Egener,McDermott,Levarsky,Stebner,Koz yra,Scarborough,Cann.

Reimer, Clark, Balfour,

SectionNDeserter
08-19-2006, 05:09 PM
I find it hard to find a fit for Vandy too.Yeah, I am pulling for him, but I think he is going to be in tough to make the team this year. Hope he does it though

I think Lamoureux should stick because of his overall desire, muscle, and ability to move back if necessary.Me too, just not on the 4th line ;)

Don't forget we have Eidsness (G) available as well and he had a pretty good season last year. (good trade bait??)Pretty sure he was invited to the prospects camp, and didn't show. He going the NCAA route?

Have never seen Pighin and Marvin.Here is some scouting video on Marvin, he looks... physical. Aaron Marvin (http://mfile.akamai.com/16532/wmv/nhl.download.akamai.com/16532/wm.nhl.na-central/comp/draft06/aaron_marvin_700.asx)

Red celtic
08-19-2006, 06:12 PM
I don't see this defence staying the way it is with four eighteen year old players. Plus I don't see a 20 year old anf a 19 year old playing on the bottom to lines. So Vandy will be traded at sometime. I would like to see a 19-20 year old defencemen come in you could trade any # of combo's which could include a 18 year old defencemen and Eidness to get a good quality defencemen. My predictions

1. Starkov (19) Hanzal (19) Sutter (17)
2. Sutter (19) Pighan (18) Knackstead (18)
3. Pieper (19) Vandermeer (20) LeBlanc (18)
4. Betts (17) Mappin (16) Poulter (17)
Fraser (16) Hunter (17) Briard (17)

1. Henry (20) 2. Lamoureux (19)
3. Cann (18) 4. Berube (18)
5. Egner (18) 6. Levarsky (17)
7. Kozyra (17) 8.MacDermott (18)
I Also think that Stebner and Canop have a chance at that 7 and 8 spot.

RebelsFan
08-20-2006, 09:33 AM
I don't see Cann as the number 3 guy. There must be a reason he has jumped around. I think Stebner will be one of the 16 year olds but I think if there is a second 16 year old D-man it will be Scarborough not Connop. Connop may make it as a 17 year old but I think he still has some development needed on his skating.

longtimefan7
08-20-2006, 11:56 AM
I think your probably correct with the Cann issue. Maybe a 5th at best. Lamoureux will not be a dman, and going by end of last season I would think Berube is definely in the #2 position with Egener in #3. The rest is anybody's guess. :groovy:

Red celtic
08-20-2006, 01:37 PM
I don't see Cann as the number 3 guy. There must be a reason he has jumped around. I think Stebner will be one of the 16 year olds but I think if there is a second 16 year old D-man it will be Scarborough not Connop. Connop may make it as a 17 year old but I think he still has some development needed on his skating.

Went to the rookie camp earlier this summer and Cannop is big strong 16 yr. old defencemen who is 6'3" 225 lb. this kid laid out the biggest hit I have seein a sixteen yr old lay out since Phaniuf and Stephen Peat. I know that the coaching staff are pretty high on this kid. Also we are lacking some size on the back end. But who knows? maybe they will like Scarborough a little better he also played pretty well at that camp. In regards to Lamoureux I just have a have a hard time seeing a 19 yr. old playing the fourth line and thats where he will be playing if he plays forward. Whereas if he plays defence he will be a top three defencemen on this team.

RDRebelsfan
08-20-2006, 02:46 PM
who is this Pighan that everyone seems to be so high on?

RebelsFan
08-20-2006, 02:59 PM
Connop did hit the guy good but the kid is a 15 year old who had his head down big time. A big difference between that and the speed of the players in the dub.

Red celtic
08-20-2006, 03:21 PM
You are right the kid was only 15 but that was one of a # incidents where he had an oppurtunity to show his physicallity. Also he made a good a good pass out of his own end my understanding was that the Rebs were going to look into providing power skating to help improve his speed. But like I said before I feel he could be a seventh or eighth defencemen on this team but who knows.

Red celtic
08-20-2006, 03:30 PM
who is this Pighan that everyone seems to be so high on?

Pighan is a kid who played in Salmon Arm last year for there Junior A team. He had 22 goals and 19 assists as a 17 yr. old. My understanding is that he has a very good offensive upside.

RDRebelsfan
08-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Pighan is a kid who played in Salmon Arm last year for there Junior A team. He had 22 goals and 19 assists as a 17 yr. old. My understanding is that he has a very good offensive upside.

Ah ok, sounds good. If he does play on the team, here is hope he comes through.

Tinner
08-26-2006, 08:06 PM
After watching 3 days of camp, here are my thoughts;

Goaltenders; Reimer with Clark, Rolheiser and Walsh fighting it out.

Dmen; Cann (88), Levarsky (89), Scarborough (90), Henry (86), Berube (88), Kozyra (89) and Egner with Stebner (90), Archer (90), Macdermott (88) and Kot (90) in the hunt. Can't see keeping to many of the 90's though. Someone might get packaged with a forward to bring in a mature dman.

Forwards; Sutter, Sutter, Knackstedt, Betts, Pieper, LeBlanc, Poulter, Hanzel, Starkov, Vandermeer, Lameroureux Mappin and Pighin.