PDA

View Full Version : Overager situation

KBF
08-17-2006, 02:22 AM
Eisenkirch was placed on waivers today by Clark, and with Heyman retiring to become a welder, that leaves Kassian, Jorgensen and Macias. Now there could be a dillemma should Andrew Kozek join the team this year. Clarkie has been in talks with Andrew and according to Dean, Kozek would like to come to Kamloops and play his overage year because quite frankly, he's not going to develop much behind guys like Toews, Oshie, Stafford etc. He really wants to play the 72 game schedule, not sure who I'd let go should he come to Kamloops, with the new rules being implemented (A year late might I add) I think Macias could very well be dynamite with his speed and skill, same goes for Jorgensen. Kassian, toughest guy in the league, love the guy but we need as much skill as possible. Having a top 6 forward group with Jorgy, Nixon, Macias, Kozek, Stretch, Dunstall would most likely be one of the more offensively threats in the Dub.

Beaner
08-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Kassian may just be the odd man out if Kozek comes.

Kassian could fetch a good price in a trade, especially for a team that lacks toughness. Maybe a Kassian to Everett trade? That should get the Blazers some good young talent, as Everett needs toughness to protect its stars, and Everett has an overabundance of young talent. Everett also has to be considered pre-season favorites for a MC run, so paying a high price for a 20 year old is not out of the question.

The nice thing about Kassian for Everett is he is not only the toughest guy in the league, but he can also play the game as well. He would make Everett a scary team to deal with and open up a tonne of room for their top end talent. Would also make teams think twice about taking a cheap shot at their stars as well.

Would hurt to lose a guy like Kassian though, I can attest to that.

MJCO5
08-17-2006, 10:50 AM
It will come down to if Macias is going to move his legs he has always been lazy if Macias plays the game everyone know he can then Kassian is out otherwise try and deal Macias for some youth they can still use Kassian to protect a speedy young guns but macias is just plain lazy

Redwic
08-17-2006, 12:38 PM
...but I would have much rather that the Silvertips had taken Kassian than him. Kassian has the toughness that Everett greatly needs, that plus I would prefer that he were fighting with our team rather than against our team, but perhaps the trade-price was too high. There is still a lot of speculation by many Silvertips fans that Gutierrez will not be with the team long, but only time will tell.

Beaner
08-17-2006, 01:00 PM
...but I would have much rather that the Silvertips had taken Kassian than him. Kassian has the toughness that Everett greatly needs, that plus I would prefer that he were fighting with our team rather than against our team, but perhaps the trade-price was too high. There is still a lot of speculation by many Silvertips fans that Gutierrez will not be with the team long, but only time will tell.

Guttierrez is not a tough guy. Well maybe for Everett he is, but if Kassian was on the table, Everett should have paid the price.

Everett can hardly afford to go another season of watching it's star players getting run out of the rink because players feel they can do whatever they like to them with no repercussions.

scamperdog
08-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Guttierrez is not a tough guy. Well maybe for Everett he is, but if Kassian was on the table, Everett should have paid the price.

Everett can hardly afford to go another season of watching it's star players getting run out of the rink because players feel they can do whatever they like to them with no repercussions.
With so many young guys on the Blazers this year, I think it would be a huge mistake to trade Kassian, this season more than ever he will be needed, but here they always like to talk about team toughness so then you have to ask for a very good 18 or 19 year old forward who can put the puck in the net,

scamperdog
08-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Eisenkirch was placed on waivers today by Clark, and with Heyman retiring to become a welder, that leaves Kassian, Jorgensen and Macias. Now there could be a dillemma should Andrew Kozek join the team this year. Clarkie has been in talks with Andrew and according to Dean, Kozek would like to come to Kamloops and play his overage year because quite frankly, he's not going to develop much behind guys like Toews, Oshie, Stafford etc. He really wants to play the 72 game schedule, not sure who I'd let go should he come to Kamloops, with the new rules being implemented (A year late might I add) I think Macias could very well be dynamite with his speed and skill, same goes for Jorgensen. Kassian, toughest guy in the league, love the guy but we need as much skill as possible. Having a top 6 forward group with Jorgy, Nixon, Macias, Kozek, Stretch, Dunstall would most likely be one of the more offensively threats in the Dub.
In todays paper that kozek is staying the college route for now, but the door is still open for him to come before christmas

Sput
08-31-2006, 04:32 PM
So...just to throw a question mark into the whole thing. Is there any thoughts n Blazerville about aquiring Curtis Cooper from the Cougs? Just interested in hearing what rumors are happening down there, as I've heard and read that possibility up here. Not sure what else a trade like this would garner, but it might make for interesting conversation.

Kristi
08-31-2006, 09:37 PM
he obviously knew this was going to happen since he has been in camp here in Everett.