PDA

View Full Version : Not best game by Blades (2/12/05)

BladesGyrl28
02-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Unfortunately, last nights game had to be one of the worst games I have ever seen the Blades play. The three early goals by the 'Canes came quickly and it took basically a miracle for our guys to hang on and I'm surprised they came back and tied it up. I was honestly thinking they could win, but in the end, my prediction came true and Lethbridge took it 37s into OT. Oh well, next time.

Rebels_chick
02-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Cyr was awful.
As soon as OT started, I knew that if Seabrook got the puck he'd score.

E_Girlie
02-14-2005, 01:05 AM
Yes I know Cyr could have had two of those goals, but seriously the defence was lacking in front of Ryan. And honestly I don't think this was the worst game they played, they could have given up and thrown in the towel like the 6-1 loss in Moose Jaw. And you never know, that one point we salvaged from the game may be just what it takes to stay in front of Brandon :clap:

Billy Blade
02-14-2005, 08:54 AM
An incredible slap in the face to begin that game, especially with all the Blades' parents in attendance. All three goals were total team breakdowns, 100%. The first goal Cyr really had no chance on and the next two were brilliant shots, but Ryan was guilty of being somewhat out of position and not ready for the shot. Either way, I give them full marks for being able to fight back into the game and steal back the momentum afterward. It's definitely unfortunate they ended up losing the game in OT but they were justly rewarded with the point for the effort over the last 55 minutes of the game. Perhaps the biggest disappointment of the night was not being able to get the go-ahead goal on several glorious chances in the third from in close after they were already tied up.

I'm still shocked that Tyler Boldt received an additional game suspension after his five and a game against Moose Jaw but Michael Kaye only gets a double minor after charging down Eisenkirch from 80 feet away to slam him head first into the end boards. I was sick to my stomach seeing Joel heaped on the ice again after just coming back from a fractured vertebrae, I can only imagine how his parents felt seeing that. There is NO consistency with the officiating in this league right now and Muench needs to do something about it before the playoffs start.

Rebels_chick
02-14-2005, 11:38 AM
That was a scary hit. I was really concerned about Joel laying there but it was good to see him get up and play the rest of the game.

The way Lethbridge plays the trap, I really didn't think the Blades would come back. I definitely didn't think it was their worst game, and I give them credit for coming back, but against a team as good as Lethbridge, you can't afford to have those breakdowns.

Billy Blade
02-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Absolutely. That's the thing that still frustrates me the most about this team is their mental lapses. That's something that is so difficult to teach and correct too, so I'm sure it frustrates the coaching staff even more! :) Come playoff time you will not be able to dig yourself out of holes that easily and they have to find a way to play the full game in the proper mindset and get the job done.

BladesGyrl28
03-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Eisy's hit to the boards could've been much worse. Apparently when he got to the bench, he was happy and smiling and laughing and told his teammates that he faked half of the "injury" if you will. Very probable that he could've worsened his already bad vertebrae injury and not very funny in fact.