PDA

View Full Version : Rebels US bus trip Update 1

Shinyshoes
02-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Since the site was down, here is update number 1:

Day 1

The Rebels Fan bus to the USA began with a grueling 10 hour bus ride from Red Deer To spokane. The border Crossing was as quick and painless as anyone could have hoped for, and after some intense games of crib, and a few beers, we arrived at our hotel at about 5:00. After a quick supper and a few beers, we boarded the bus and had to endure another harsh bus ride of about 5 blocks. Upon arriving at the rink, and trying to help guide the bus into the parking lot (RDReb with beer in hand, in plain view of everyone) we got our tickets. Spokane Arena is an awesome rink. Reminds me of a smaller verison of the saddledome, without the concave roof. Good sightlines, Nice Video Scorebord, Large Beers. After grabbing a quick beer, we made our way up to our seats.

The game between Vancouver and Spokane was entertaining, Albiet Slow. I didnt think either team was playing overly well, and if Vancouver would have played like that when they were in Red Deer earlier this season, the rebs would have spanked the giants pretty bad. Spokane jumped out to a quick lead, With lynch And howarth Scoreing goals in the first only 15 seconds apart. I like the little chant thing Spokane has going on after they Score. The Gong they have in there is pretty cool too. With 1.6 Seconds left in the first, Seder got one back on the powerplay, I missed this goal, Went to go replace the beer I drank and wanted to beat the lineup. Met some nice people on the concourse, and made it more entertaining by the fact that many of the Spoke fans thought the Rebels were in the Building. The Rebels got a new bus this year, so the fan bus got to take the old white rebels bus. After a quick explanation of why the heck rebels fans were in spokane for a Chiefs / Giants game, and Grabbing 2 beers, I made my way back to my seat.

I found out that Chiefs Cop had come up to meet us, and I had missed him. He would be back next intermission, so on with the game. Sgt. Zeek had made friends with some of the local fans in our section, and was trying to teach them how to cheer "section N" style. They caught on pretty good, and we got a number of chants going, and even got them to yell "Kootney sucks" Al a the Junior Hockey Junkies. Very Entertaining. Sgt.Zeek also got a call from his 4 year old who missed him already. At least she lasted about 12 hours before she had to call him on his Cell phone at $4.95 a minute. If she has to call him after 12 hours, I wonder how she is going to be after 7-8 Days, but I Digress. Apparently there was a game on too. Spokane Extended thier lead to 3-1 , and we got to hear the gong again. The period ended in some fisticuffs, but not much came of the fight, as both fighters went down fairly quickly.

Second intermission, ran downstairs to get a couple more beers and a momento of being in the spokane arena. Bought myself a $7US (thats like $18 Canadian) minature hockey stick. Turns out it provided quite a bit of entertainment too. Printed on the side of the stick, in bold white letters "MADE IN CANADA". Lumber trade problems my ass. Chiefs cop came up and met with us for a quick chat. Nice to finally put a face to the name.

The spokane breakdown began in the third. Vancouver tied the game on 2 goals by Kraus, the second of which was a beautiful shot to the top corner on the powerplay. More entertainment from sgt.zeek and his new friends from "Section 217"(as they were now calling themselves) Sgt.Zeek taught them the infamous Schwartz Sucks Yell from Red Deer. and we got numerous Go rebels Go chants going durring the period, amid many puzzled looks from random spokane fans.

Overtime looms, and I need to make a quick pit stop (this US Beer is like water) and on my way back, I hear the announcer say the penalty shot is upcomming. I run back to the stairwell in time to se Schwartz Stone Lukacevic. All for naught though, as shortly after, Logan Bangs in a Klassen Rebound, and The Chiefs Win 4-3.

Spokane Deserved to win that game, and Vancouver must be thanking thier lucky stars they managed to pull out a point. Brule was a scratch, Not sure why, but I hope he is still a scratch when the rebels take on the giants on Wed.

Bus Leaves at noon for the trip to Kennewick, and the Rebs/Ams tonight. HOpe to meet up with a couple of the Ams fans, so if you have a chance, come up and say Hi. Thats it for the Bus Trip Day 1 Recap, and if the next 8 days are a quarter of the fun the 1st day was, it should prove to be quite entertaining.

Rebels_chick
02-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Great job on the update, keep them coming. That was entertaining! :laugh:

Rebel66
02-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Good update. Keep them coming....

Thx Shiny

Spungy
02-13-2005, 11:35 PM
i hope the rest of the buildings are as good as Spokane but they are a tough one to beat. Great fans down there!