PDA

View Full Version : Rebels US bus Trip Update number 2

Shinyshoes
02-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Just going to red lobster for supper, we will post a good update when we get back from all you can eat srimp.

Be Back soon

Rebel66
02-13-2005, 11:38 PM
So what sort of reputation are you guys getting down there? :)

Here's a post from the white board about you guys:

Just when you thought....
by AMSFAN

you saw the worst fand in the WHL with the CHIEFS!!! Then here come the RED DEER fans. These are by far the WORST fans in the WHL. First they start yelling crap between the national anthems. then they start yelling at opposing players BEFORE the game even starts. Can believe they let these kind of fans in the building. They were a totol disgrace for all Canadiens.

Here's my reply:

Really?
by Rebel66

I know a bunch of those Rebels fans that are there and they are really decent people. I see Chiefs-Cop further down this board mentioned how great they were in Spokane last night. Are you referring to the "<insert goalies name here> sucks" chant that they do before the start of every game? They chant that right before the national anthem. It's just done in fun but I guess that could be misinterpreted rather easily though. I'll have to let their organizer know how upset you are....

The last part of my post is in jest of course. Americans seem a little particular about their anthem being possibly disparaged in any way, even though that was not the case at all. But how dare you shout things at their players BEFORE the game has even started! :clown:

Way to go guys! Quite the reputation you're giving us Rebels fans and Canadians in general. Good job!!!! :clap:

C.F
02-13-2005, 11:52 PM
Haha! I'm loving the updates! I'm looking forward to seeing you guys here in Vancouver! :laugh:

HAF
02-14-2005, 12:35 AM
I met these guys tonight!!! They were a fun bunch of hockey nuts to have a brew with!!! It was nice to finally put names with faces...
You guys have a safe trip and we'll look forward to more updates!!!

Rebel66
02-14-2005, 12:39 AM
I met these guys tonight!!! They were a fun bunch of hockey nuts to have a brew with!!! It was nice to finally put names with faces...
You guys have a safe trip and we'll look forward to more updates!!!

That's what I would have expected to be hearing. Thanks. I think that the chant thing before the game has started is really unique and catches some people off guard. (All hail Shiny for starting it!)

GoChiefsGo
02-14-2005, 01:14 AM
I think most fans like having opposing fans at their games...It brings in money and ups the feel of a game! I know the Calgary Hitmen had a bus that came down for a Chief game and that really stirred things up and I am sure that your Rebel boys enjoy having people cheering them on when they are so far away from home. Even as bad as some of the American fans can be, when my boyfriend and I went down last year to watch them play the Chiefs a few people did stop me and thanked me for coming down to watch the game. If we all got along, there would be no hockey (and ps: thanks to your team for defeating the Americans tonight...Kept the Chiefs in 4th place)! Good luck Rebels! Sorry you're not coming to Spokane!

Bob in Everett
02-14-2005, 07:13 PM
I hope you are treated well by my fellow Everett fans, It gets a little loud here on a saturday night, What seats do you have? The Silvertips are getting tired of feeding on the local U.S. Division so some "fresh meat" will be a welcome change. The Tips are off all week and don't play until friday, with no travel they should be ready for a great matchup with the Rebels on saturday. Our offense is a little thin but the D has been very strong. I hope you like cowbells! Safe travels.

Bob