PDA

View Full Version : Dakers Not Returning To Ice?

Homer J
08-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Heard a story that Taylor Dakers does not want to return to the Ice. By the sounds of it this would be the case if the Sharks don"t send him to their farm system and would decide to have him play another year of Jr. Has anyone else heard something similar to this, Just to note Dakers had nothing against the team or the city (fans). Any how I wish him luck where ever he may play this season. GO ICE GO!!! :clap:

taylor0017
08-20-2006, 09:16 PM
So what is the problem with Clousten. He has lasted longer then I thought. Thought he was a not bad coach .

Chipper
08-21-2006, 04:37 AM
I Dont Think Any Player Or Their Parents Are Any Fan Favourites With Cory Clousten So The Faster They Are Out Of Cranbrook The Better,nothing Against The City Or Fans As They Have Some Of The Best
So are you saying that if you don't personally like the coach that the team should move out of town? :confused: you do realise that if for some bizarre reason they did like you suggest you would still have the same coach in a different city and your problem has not gone away. I am glad to have Cory one more year in Cranbrook, you wait and see he will move out of this league and up the ladder and we will once again say how good he turned out to be as a coach
. I agree that I was not a Cory fan for a while but I have to say look at his coaching record and it speaks for it self he is a highly respected coach on this league now and a lot of teams would love to have him.

nivek_wahs
08-21-2006, 04:58 AM
Clouston must be doing something right to be named the Head Coach of Canada's U-18 team, a team that won the Gold :D .

neutral
08-21-2006, 07:49 AM
So are you saying that if you don't personally like the coach that the team should move out of town? :confused: you do realise that if for some bizarre reason they did like you suggest you would still have the same coach in a different city and your problem has not gone away. I am glad to have Cory one more year in Cranbrook, you wait and see he will move out of this league and up the ladder and we will once again say how good he turned out to be as a coach
. I agree that I was not a Cory fan for a while but I have to say look at his coaching record and it speaks for it self he is a highly respected coach on this league now and a lot of teams would love to have him.

When I read the original post, I took the word "they" to mean "players", not "the team". You responded based on "the team". Who knows who interpreted the original quote correctly? Only SuperFan can tell us.

fightstrap50
08-21-2006, 06:43 PM
yeah jeez Ya know, I wouldn't want my kid playing for a guy that only has TWO Memorial Cup apperances, A World Under Eight-teen gold medal as head coach, WHL coach of the year, AND the CHL coach of the year. As well as the crappy eduaction awards they get here like the Schollastic team of the year.

Not to mention I wouldn't want him playing on such a model franchise with such top notch personnell and community support.

I want my kid in Tri-cities or Spokane, and maybe just maybe KELOWNA!! maybe.hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Chipper
08-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Every coach has to challenge and push their players to get the best out of them and to also teach them the skills to compete at this level. Ask anyone in Red Deer if Brent Sutter is hard on his players? but they all respect him and would do anything it takes to play for him and get more Ice time. Its the same thing here with Clouston, he has gained the respect of the league as a top coach in this league and has had great success. Of course not everyone will love him but that would be an exception and not the rule IMO.

Homer J
08-21-2006, 08:32 PM
It might be that Dakers simply wants a change because he feels he's done all he could with the Ice or possibly he's feeling a little to much pressure and feels he needs a fresh start else where and thinks he could do better with another team. But don't forget this may not be true and we might see him back with the Ice if he's needing that one more year of junior . :D

fightstrap50
08-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Ryan McGill ran a damn tight ship around here and the owners felt the same way about discipline and order as well as schooling and winning hockey games as a team as he did. And look at the success it brought them for almost a decade.

Cory and Brad took the reigns to this team and ran with it as two young, and yes, maybe somewhat ****y guys, and do it there way. It has got them where they want to be in a young career, and that is near the top every year.

He may be hard to please, and demand alot from these guys but thats his job. Other wise superfan is not giving any information as to these claims. So what else can you fault them on? is there drug or alcohol problems? is there abuse problems? or is it just the strict curfews and 0 tolerance policys?

The main goal is not always winning hockey, but also teaching these "boys" to deal with a future career dealing with men and playing with men twice their age when and if they make it to the show.

SO.... for the "boys that just wanna play " I suggest they join a different league of a lower callibre, as this(the WHL) is a training ground for real atheletes prepairing for possible multi-million dollar carreers. They should all be accepting to the fact that they are not going to be treated like kids nor should they behave in such ways.

Please superfan fill me in on why our coach AND personnel is so bad, just say what you want to say and stop beating around the bush.

Homer J
08-22-2006, 07:40 AM
I would have to agree that the coach can't be the blame everytime a player does'nt want to return to a team. I was'nt a fan of Cory Clouston like so many others but lets face it hes done an awsome job and I think we have to give credit where its due , but if Dakers does have a problem with the coach then so be it this happens in the bigs right on down to minor hockey. And don't forget Dakers not wanting to come back may be un true and it could be for a total other reason(s) So I don't think we should jump to the conclusion that the coach is the reason. GO ICE GO!! :clap:

fightstrap50
08-24-2006, 03:55 PM
I Dont Think Any Player Or Their Parents Are Any Fan Favourites With Cory Clousten So The Faster They Are Out Of Cranbrook The Better,nothing Against The City Or Fans As They Have Some Of The Best
We're eagerly await your answers to previous posts here.

fightstrap50
08-24-2006, 03:56 PM
all i will say is when your son is playing for him you have a different perspective of what the couch and gm are like .yes they are having success but remember these are boys playing not grown men
Still waiting...................

fightstrap50
08-24-2006, 03:58 PM
at what costs to the players who just wanna play.all i am going to say is that not all is peaches and creme and that when u have a son playing for the team u are seeing a different side of the personal and coaches not what u see drinking a beer and watching from the stands
Hello......................?? is there something we should know or not? Answer my posts.

neutral
08-25-2006, 06:24 AM
Hello......................?? is there something we should know or not? Answer my posts.

Could not help but notice. That guy also posts on the Broncos site and criticizes management there. Reread the posts. They are written like a kid with poor grammar and the use of the letter U for you. Sounds like some one who was not treated well in a past life. I doubt they will respond to your request.