PDA

View Full Version : Summerslam

Triton
08-21-2006, 02:29 PM
For you wrestling fans:

Went and seen Summerslam yesterday at the Galaxy..it was okay but I wished a title or two would have changed hands.

Rey Mysterio vs Chavo Guerrero
This match was back and forth with a ton of fancy moves.I really thought Rey was gonna pull this one out until Eddie Guerrero's wife came to ringside.When Rey climbed the top rope,getting ready for the frog slash,Eddie's wife decided to climb the apron,shaking the rope causing Rey to fall.Chavo gained momentum by hitting Eddie's patoned frog splash for the win.

ECW Championship match Big show vs Sabu
I don't know about any of you,but I'm a huge Sabu fan.I was really hoping he'd leave with the title.Chairs,tables,stop signs,stairs were all apart of this "EXTREME RULES" match.The big show was just too much for the genicidal,suicidal,homicidal Sabu,as the Big show chokeslammed Sabu through a table for the win and retaining the ECW championship.

Hulk Hogan vs Randy Orton
As much as I like Hogan and what he has done for wrestling..his 6 hour intro almost put me to sleep.After that was thankfully over,they tussled for a while before any technical moves were performed.It was a see-saw battle from start to finish.Orton hit the RKO and covered Hogan for the win..only to see that Hogan had his foot proped up on the ropes,forcing the match to continue.Hogan gained advantage with help from the crowd,and hit the leg drop for the 1-2-3.Than the 3 hour victory celebration was in place.

Ric Flair vs Mick Foley(I quit match)
This was brutal..and right up my alley.After seeing the boring Hogan/Orton match I needed something to wake me.Thumbtacks,barbedwire around bats,barbed wire on a board,tables,chairs,garbage cans ect were weapons of choice.Mick was really taking it to Ric for a good 10 minutes,busting Ric open with the barbedwire.Never seen so much blood in a match before.Flair would counter and Foley was on the other end of the abuse.Foley was thrown from the apron and hit his head on the steel runway,almost causing the match to end.As Foley was knocked out,Flair continued the brutal assult busting Foley wide open.When Melina came to ringside,she tossed in the towel for Mick.Flair demanded the match to continue and for Foley to quit himself.Just as Flair was gonna hit Melina with the bat and barbedwire,Foley grabbed the Mike and said "I QUIT....I QUIT".

Batista vs King Booker for the World heavyweight Championship.
Batista dominated early on using his power and strength.But King Booker wouldn't stay down and mounted a comeback to overtake the animal.Sharmell handed Booker the wand and he cracked Batista over the head with it..Batisita kicked out.Batista regained momentum and had Booker in the powerbomb,until Sharmell interfeared and caused Booker to be disqualified,thus retaining his belt.I was hoping for a title change.

DX vs the McMahons
Before the match even started,Vince sent the Spirit Squad to the ring,but DX disposed of them quick.Vince countered by sending Mr.Kennedy,Regal and Finlay to the ring.DX were overtaken and were badly beaten even before the match had got underway.The Big Show than entered and chokeslammed HHH through the ECW announce table.As the 4 were leaving all proud..Umaga came down,but Kane's music blasted and Kane was on his way to help DX.Kane faught Umaga all the way to the back.Finally the match was underway but was the damage already done? Vince and Shane owned 80% of this match until HHH was able to regroup himself after maybe 25 minutes of laying outsode the ring.HHH and Michaels than took over for a while.Shane had the garbage can placed on HHH's chest,he climbed the top rope and was reay to go coast to coast until Michaels hit the sweet chin music on Shane in mid-air.HHH hit Vince with the garbage can(after Vince punched out the ref),Michaels with the sweet chin music,followed by the pedagree for the 1-2-3.Vince and Shane are gonna freak on Raw tonight.

Edge vs Cena for the WWE Championship.
In his hometown,Cena used the crowd as an advantage early on.But Edge came back and controlled the match for a fair bit taking it to the doctor of thuganomics.Cena had Edge in a submission hold only to have edge reach the ropes for a ropebreak.Cena than had Edge set up the FU.Lita came into the ring and jumped on top of Cena and ended up getting FU'ed herself.As she layed outside the ring,she handed Edge brass knuckles,and he nailed Cena from behind in the head with the knuckes to preserve the win,leaving Summerslam still the Champion....very disappointing.

Toswammi
08-21-2006, 03:12 PM
leaving Summerslam still the Champion....very disappointing.

So you aint a fan of the "Rated "R" Superstar". My friend that is very disappointing. :)

Triton
08-21-2006, 04:26 PM
So you aint a fan of the "Rated "R" Superstar". My friend that is very disappointing. :)

Since he's been with Lita,I don't think I've seen him win a match on his own,always seems to be interference that gets him the wins.Edge's gimmic is old now..like we haven't seen ****y pompas jackoffs before.

Tiger Trauma
08-21-2006, 05:24 PM
thanks for the info..I used to watch the show regularily...but just dont have the time anymore.