PDA

View Full Version : 2007-08 Game Prediction Contest with Prizes.

Beaner
08-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Well, we are getting close to the start of the pre-season and the regular season, so time for me to get to work. :groovy:

So for this years predictions there will be something new to the whlfans.ca game day prediction contest, not only will be playing for the honour of being the best predicter, there will be PRIZES.

Yes that is correct, there will be prizes awarded during the year, which will be detailed below.

First the rules:

1 point for correctly prediciting a winner
0 points for predicting wrong.

Winner is in regulation, overtime or shoot-out.

POSTING TWICE
If by chance you post picks twice for the same game day, I will use your FIRST set of picks to calculate your score.

POSTING AFTER GAMES START
Predictions made after a game has started will be null. Please be sure to get your picks in early. I will only count games that have not started into your total for that day.

ERRORS
Hey I make mistakes in counting sometimes, I only have so many fingers and toes. So please check your totals when I post them and alert me to any mistakes and I will fix them asap.

I will post at the end of each game day thread the respective totals for that day just like in years past.

Once a winner has been declared, it will be too late, so check often.

GAME DAY THREADS
I will post the game day threads 3-4 days prior to the start of those games, please look to see if one is already started BEFORE starting a new one.

PRIZES

How scoring works:

EG:
Player A: 90/150 - 90 points (60%)
Player B: 60/100 - 60 Points (60%)
Player C: 6/10 - 6 points (60%)

Even though all 3 players have the same %, Player A would be the winner with 90 points.
------
In the case of a tie, the person with the highest percantage will be declared the winner.

EG:
Player A 90/150 = 90 points 60%
Player B 90/120 = 90 Points 75%
Player C 90/100 = 90 Points 90%

Player C would win in this case with the higher %
--------

This is done with the simple idea of the more you play and participate the better chance you have winning.

MONTHLY PRIZES:
At the conclusion of every month, all the points will be tallied, and a winner for that month will be declared.

Monthly prizes will be announced, by HAF, prior to the start of each of months contest. Potential prizes include, hats, togues golf towels etc.

YEAR END PRIZE
The person with the highest score at the end of the year, will receive a whlfans.ca Jacket. All games for the entire year EXCEPT PRESEASON GAMES, will be counted into this total.

Potential monthly prizes and the Jacket can be seen in this thread here:http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=7628

SPECIAL THANKS:
To HAF for offering up these prizes for the players of this game. You get 2 big thumbs up. :thumb: :thumb:

So, have fun and enjoy yourselves, and good luck.

DISCLAIMER:
In case of any dispute about the winner of either the monthly prize or the year end prize, the decision of the judge, ME, will be final. :)

Since Beaner Runs this deal and HAF is the administrator if either Beaner or HAF happen to win a month the prize will automatically become a youth hoodie which will be donated to the Clothes for Kids drive. HAF's Will be donated to TC's and Beaners will be donated to his charity of choice.

Cheers
Beaner.

Tiger Trauma
08-22-2006, 03:49 PM
How about keeping a predictions hall of fame?
Example

legend
B.P-Best percentage
O.P -Overall Points

2006-2007 Season (o.p)
September-
October-
November-
December-
January-
Febuary-
March-

Season
B.P-
O.P-

Playoff
O.P-

Sticky it and update at the end of each month...The monthy winner/season winners..and next season it would continue.

I tried to go back and find last years, but couldnt find it

Beaner
08-22-2006, 07:08 PM
How about keeping a predictions hall of fame?
Example

legend
B.P-Best percentage
O.P -Overall Points

2006-2007 Season (o.p)
September-
October-
November-
December-
January-
Febuary-
March-

Season
B.P-
O.P-

Playoff
O.P-

Sticky it and update at the end of each month...The monthy winner/season winners..and next season it would continue.

I tried to go back and find last years, but couldnt find it

Good Idea I will take care of a Hall of Fame thing for the past 2 seasons that we did it.

However - we didnt do monthly totals, it was a bit inconsitent the reporting, so I will just do a year end winner type thing.

Beaner
08-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Seems like last years is gone, for some unexplained reason, I could have sworn it was there yesterday, and all the predictions up to the end of the season are there as well.

It doesnt make any sense since I didnt finish computing evrything till after the 22nd of March.

Searched the archives as well, and its gone from there as well. :(

Kristi
09-08-2006, 01:15 PM
I think we should have a prize for the person who gets the most wrong! I probably am leading that catagory now.

dondo
09-08-2006, 02:17 PM
I think I'll fight ya for that honour Kristi ... doesn't always work out picking the dark-horses :thumb:

btw HAF -- excellent gesture for your winnings

Beaner
09-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Since Beaner is the judge and final say on the predictions game and I am not, If I happen to win a month That months prize will always become a youth sweatshirt and will be donated to the clothes for kids drive the Ams sponsor several times a year. I think if Beaner wins a month it should be the same but I'll leave it up to him.

Great idea HAF, and you can put me down for that as well, as opposed to my previous post of going to the second place person.

If you do win a month, you will still get the HONOUR though HAF. :laugh:

HAF
08-29-2007, 09:49 PM
I think we will use the same rules and format that we did last year. It seemed to work out well.

We will do a preseason to help everyone get back in the habit of making predictions. All preseason games will count for the August/September monthly prize however they will not count torward the year end.

Beaner
08-29-2007, 10:31 PM
I think we will use the same rules and format that we did last year. It seemed to work out well.

We will do a preseason to help everyone get back in the habit of making predictions. All preseason games will count for the August/September monthly prize however they will not count torward the year end.

Crimeny is it that time already?

Lets get it on.

HAF
08-29-2007, 11:48 PM
NEW RULE!!!!!!!!!!!

If MHTIGERS21 wins more than three months he has to let Kristi start making his predictions for him....lol

Just kidding.

WestLEAFfan
08-31-2007, 05:17 PM
A big thanks goes out to all the mods/administrators for organizing all this! An incredible amount of work by you all on our behalf. Thank-you from WestLEAFfan! applause