PDA

View Full Version : Lynch Era Over....

chiefgongshow
08-22-2006, 05:22 PM
http://www.spokanechiefs.com/news/?ID=1507

"Of the 24 players that finished the season on the Chiefs roster last year, 18 will be participating in practices and scrimmages on Friday and Saturday. The Chiefs will open camp without veteran defenseman Jason Lynch as the organization has been working to fulfill his off-season trade request. “Jason thinks he needs a new opportunity and General Manager Tim Speltz is working to make that happen,” Peters said.

Triton
08-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Yikes only posted 9pts in 3 years.

Jimmypop316
08-22-2006, 07:31 PM
I saw that he wasn't going to show up, didn't know he was requesting a trade. I wonder what thats all about.

We do have Reddington ready to log a lot of minutes so I don't think its going to be too much of a loss except from the grit stand point

edit: heres spokesman review story:

Chiefs' Lynch stays home, awaiting trade

Jeff Bunch
Staff writer
August 23, 2006

The Lynch Era has officially ended with the Spokane Chiefs.

The team confirmed Tuesday what had been rumored on the eve of training camp: Defenseman Jason Lynch won't be back with the Western Hockey League team. The Chiefs are trying to trade him and he'll stay at home until that happens.

Lynch, a 6-foot-4, 214-pounder, will be a 19-year-old this season. He is the youngest of four brothers to have played with Spokane, following in the footsteps of Doug, Scott and Jeff.

In February 2003, the Lynches earned the distinction of being the only set of four brothers to play together in a major junior game. The game marked the WHL debut of Jason, then 15. He broke in with the Chiefs the following season and played in 38 games, then played full seasons with the club the last two years.

Advertisement
In a situation that might seem a bit puzzling from the outside – Lynch was an assistant captain last season – both Lynch and general manager Tim Speltz said the matter was straightforward.

"I just feel like I need a fresh start," said Lynch, refusing to cite specific reasons. Lynch said it wasn't one thing that caused him to ask for a trade, but several factors.

"From his standpoint, he was looking for a fresh start," said Speltz. "From our standpoint, we are looking players that want to be part of the solution."

Speltz said representatives of the Chiefs met with Lynch, like all players, at the end of last season and told him what was expected during the off-season and the upcoming season. Sometime after that meeting, Speltz said Lynch asked to be traded.

Lynch's two full-time seasons were spent on teams that struggled to win and missed the playoffs. He scored nine points with the team, had minus-13 ratings each of the past two seasons, and had a career-high 191 penalty minutes last season.

•In other news, Speltz confirmed that all of this year's drafted bantam players, including No. 1 overall pick Jared Cowen, will attend camp.

Players report Thursday and the camp ends Sunday.

90-91
09-11-2006, 12:35 PM
CHIEFS TRADE LYNCH TO RED DEER
9/11/2006

The Spokane Chiefs have traded 19-year-old defenseman Jason Lynch to the Red Deer Rebels in exchange for third and fifth round selections in the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft.

“This trade will give our organization the assets to improve our team this season or to build for the future, whichever we chose,” Chiefs General Manager Tim Speltz said. “We wish Jason the best in Red Deer and with his career.”

Lynch is entering his fourth season in the WHL and has appeared in 175 games, including a career high 69 last season. His 191 penalty minutes were second on the club last year and gives him 321 career minutes. Lynch was originally Spokane’s second round selection in 2002. Following the 2005 season, he was selected by the Colorado Avalanche in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft in the sixth round (166th overall). Lynch won a silver medal with Team Pacific at the 2004 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. As a 15-year-old, Lynch appeared in one game and helped set hockey history as he appeared with his three older brothers (Doug, Scott and Jeff) and became the first set of four brothers to play for the same team in CHL history

Jimmypop316
09-11-2006, 04:01 PM
A third round and a fifth.. pretty nice. Hopefully the change of scenery will help Lynch.

LifelongChiefsFan
09-11-2006, 04:29 PM
A third round and a fifth.. pretty nice. Hopefully the change of scenery will help Lynch.

Yeah not bad at all. I figured the Chiefs would get a fifth or a sixth at best for Lynch.

Jimmypop316
09-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Yeah not bad at all. I figured the Chiefs would get a fifth or a sixth at best for Lynch.

Same here, a third round pick is so solid.