PDA

View Full Version : Ten Commandments of Hockey

nivek_wahs
08-23-2006, 04:55 AM
Ten Commandments of Hockey

I: Thou shalt keep thy butt in thou's seat whenever the puck is in play
No need for a master's degree for this one. When there is action on the ice you need to be paying attention to it. Not getting up to pee, not getting something to eat, not doing anything but watching the game. Besides, it blocks the view of all the other fans trying to watch the freaking game.

II: Thou shalt not put any team before the home team

Meaning other teams in the same league. Again someone less than a rocket scientist could see the importance here. If you don't root for the home team in your own arena, then go home. You're taking up valuable space and air.

III: Thou shalt dress appropriately so that one can be recognized for which team you are allianced to, and so that there will be no need for fixing hair, makeup, and assorted bra-straps during the game

We know that this may be lost on some of you male types out there. Deal. Look all you PB wannabees, grooming is for the bathroom mirror, the rear-view mirror, and whatever reflects back when you stumble out of someone's house you don't know in the middle of the night trying to find your car. Not in your seat at a hockey game. And yes, we need to know what team your rooting for. So wear your colors proud.

IV: Thou shalt not have disruptive electronic communicative devices at your seat during a hockey game

What could be more important than a hockey game? Your child is sick? NO. Your grandmother just died? NO. You just lost your job because you called in sick again to see the game? NO. So leave them in the car where they belong.

V: Thou shalt not covet the visiting team's players

Ok, we admit that we sometimes slip up on this one. But it just isn't right drooling over a player in an enemy jersey. And yes, this one maybe lost on some of you guys out there, or maybe not??

VI: Thou shalt allow others to fully express themselves at all times during hockey games

Yes Grandma, it's a hockey game. Not the library. If you don't want your kids learning those words don't seat them near us. If loud noises bother you, you may want to take up yoga. But whatever you do, don't tell us to shut up, because we are there to let the team know we support them in the loudest way possible.

VII: Thou shalt do everything humanly possible to disrupt the opposing goaltender

Of all the commandments this is our most favorite and easy to follow. Find the flaw, odd quirk, or unusual body part and throw the goalie off his game. The more he's thinking about what we're going to yell next, the more goals go in for our team.

VIII: Thou shalt take the referee's name in vain

Goes without saying. They are all jerks who can't see two inches in front of their own faces. They are lower forms of life. They are just plain stupid. So they frequently need to be reminded of where to go.

IX: Thou shalt not die during a hockey game

We really did not think that this commandment was necessary, but it happened to someone near us during a playoff game. Talk about disruptive! There were paramedics all over the place, devibulators going off, IV's dripping. Eweeeuuuu. So just don't.

X: Thou shalt cheer as hard as possible for the home team, no matter what the score is, no matter what the season record is

This is for all you fair weather idiots out there who really don't understand hockey, or life for that matter. You don't get exactly what you want all the time do you? And you don't expect to have everything your way all the time? Get a life and grow up. It's more fun to win when you know what's it's like to lose.

-----
I haven't seen these posted here yet but I found these Ten Commandments of Hockey rather funny so I thought I would share them. The notes after each Commandment are notes by some individual in cyberspace :) .

scrunt
08-23-2006, 08:56 AM
XI: Thou shalt not leave the game early to beat the traffic, no matter what the score.

Do you leave a movie as soon as you think you know how it will end? No! So why do it at a hockey game? You came to watch the game, so stay and watch until the three stars are announced.

Carebear
08-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Forgive me hockey gods, for I have sinned.

Guilty of II, IV and V.

BUT I CAN'T HELP IT!

II - I've only done it once though! I admit, I cheered for Seattle over Vancouver. :(

IV - Sometimes my friend text messages me to find out the score of the game, I can't help it!

V - I'm female. There's no stopping this one.

All in all, I laughed! Funny post.

ihlemic10
08-23-2006, 01:50 PM
XII

Thou shalt not Covet a players number with out learning his name...

I have a couple of 'friends' guilty of this one...

XIII

Thou shalt not ask when halftime is...

rinkrat
08-23-2006, 04:49 PM
What if you don't care about the outcome of the game?
I have often gone to games in which I have no personal favorite team,just to enjoy hockey.For example last years playoffs between Everett and Kelowna.Fans sometimes need to enjoy the pure entertainment and talent level of all involved,including the refs,without being biased.
Everett is pure entertainment,its like going to the zoo.LOL :thumb:

ihlemic10
08-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Vancouver is still an old gong show...

SectionNDeserter
08-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Everett is pure entertainment,its like going to the zoo.LOL

Vancouver is still an old gong show...If that isn't sassy, I don't know what is!

rinkrat
08-23-2006, 08:17 PM
http://rmc.library.cornell.edu/games/performing/pics/570w/6.jpg

dondo
08-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Ia: Thou shalt wait until there is a stoppage in play before taking or leaving ones seat

funny stuff - CB you're such a PB :p lol j/k

ihlemic10
08-24-2006, 07:45 AM
If that isn't sassy, I don't know what is!

Just some playful banter between rivals, thats all...

Carebear
08-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Ia: Thou shalt wait until there is a stoppage in play before taking or leaving ones seat

funny stuff - CB you're such a PB :p lol j/k

LOL, I am not!
I am NOT one of those girls holding the "Creme Brule" or "I love Watt" signs.
I am NOT one of those girls who spends the entire game doing her makeup.
I am NOT one of those girls wearing sickly low cut shirts and high cut skirts.
I am NOT one of those girls who spends the whole game going "OMG HE'S SO HOT"

I DO wear my giants shirt and a pair of jeans to pretty much every game.
I DO understand and enjoy watching hockey.
I DID used to play hockey myself.
I DO NOT get up from my seat during play.

Just because I think a player or 2 is hot, does not make me a puckbunny! (I will however, admit to being a "Huntbunny") [/rant]

ihlemic10
08-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Just because I think a player or 2 is hot, does not make me a puckbunny![/rant]

How many times have we heard that? It was an excuse my ex-gf used...

[/sarcasm]

SectionNDeserter
08-24-2006, 05:08 PM
LOL, I am not!
I am NOT one of those girls holding the "Creme Brule" or "I love Watt" signs.
I am NOT one of those girls who spends the entire game doing her makeup.
I am NOT one of those girls wearing sickly low cut shirts and high cut skirts.
I am NOT one of those girls who spends the whole game going "OMG HE'S SO HOT"

I DO wear my giants shirt and a pair of jeans to pretty much every game.
I DO understand and enjoy watching hockey.
I DID used to play hockey myself.
I DO NOT get up from my seat during play.

Just because I think a player or 2 is hot, does not make me a puckbunny! (I will however, admit to being a "Huntbunny") [/rant]That is exactly what a puckbunny would say :laugh:

Carebear
08-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Would a puckbunny have turned down numerous invitations to team parties?

I would think not.

I am not one.
And you're making me sad.

Kristi
08-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Would a puckbunny have turned down numerous invitations to team parties?

I would think not.

I am not one.
And you're making me sad.

I would hope he is kidding! If he's not just ignore him CB!! :)

We all know you are just a HUNT BUNNY! :) HEE HEE!