PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp in PA

Rick 19
08-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Whats the word around PA. Any news around training camp? Is Bourelle going to show? How about Weslosky? Have the Euros arrived?

Triton
08-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Haven't heard a word of anything yet.I guess we'll find out more of who showed when the new site is up and running tomorrow.Training camp also starts tomorrow.

Dwight Schrute
08-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Whats the word around PA. Any news around training camp? Is Bourelle going to show? How about Weslosky? Have the Euros arrived?
when was training camp to start ? also congrats rick on your first post

Triton
08-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Thursday at 9am'ish

Five Hole
08-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Always an exciting time of year! And, even though the early reviews are that we might not have a super competitive squad this year, you just never know. There should be some fierce competition for a number of jobs this year.
I think there's some pretty good talent in the system, and if they're dedicated and ready to go hopefully management's ready to take a chance on a couple of guys in favor of some non-performing vet who thinks he doesn't have to 'earn' his spot anymore.
Should be interesting to see what everybody brings! Looks like there'll be 4 teams each playing 5 games, and then I guess they'll pick the best for the Green and Gold game Monday evening.

Triton
08-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Anyone going to some of those games?If so could someone post rosters and such?I might take in a couple on the weekend.

WorkHorse
08-23-2006, 01:22 PM
The Sherwood Park paper stated last week that he wasn't going to be with the Jr. A Crusaders this year as he was going to St. Cloud State on his scholarship a year early.

Dwight Schrute
08-24-2006, 03:49 PM
The Sherwood Park paper stated last week that he wasn't going to be with the Jr. A Crusaders this year as he was going to St. Cloud State on his scholarship a year early.
im not suprised. it didnt make much sense that he was coming here, and a good 17year old goalie playing in the ajhl is most likely to head for the ncaa anyhow. besides the islanders probably want him to spend 4 years there and develop
nice try clark but adding guys that wont show(eg Anze Kopitar) arent gong to work (sure thelen lucked out). hopefully one of these unheralded euro's catches everyones suprise

Dwight Schrute
08-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Can Always Hope For Julseth-white
well unless he gets kicked off the hockey program for consuming alchohol (like thelen) im not going to hold my breath.
at least we got something for ben street

FELIX17
08-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Does anyone have the rosters of the players in camp?