PDA

View Full Version : Bo Montgomery

Warrior Fan
08-23-2006, 02:16 PM
coming to camp. Looks like he is a season away. He wasn't working or skating too hard going into AAA camp. Looked disinterested and needed to pick up his play. Can't deny his size and strength and couple that with good mobility and you have a keeper next season though.
May stick around as a project if there is room for him. You never know.

grainbear
08-24-2006, 05:44 PM
With Bobbee, and Mccolm (who looked good when he was up with us at the end of season ) and Craig as well as Fauth being hungry there will not be room for him this year unless work ethic and attitude improves

Caner
08-24-2006, 07:34 PM
With Bobbee, and Mccolm (who looked good when he was up with us at the end of season ) and Craig as well as Fauth being hungry there will not be room for him this year unless work ethic and attitude improves

If the team is to get better this year then why include fauth? A 20 that is a borderline player doesn't add up. my math: Wright, Kudelka, Kerr, King, Bentz, Craige, Bobbee, McColm. Thats 8, and some teams only carry 7.

grainbear
08-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Caner , can,t disagree with your selection overall, only question I have is who will assume the role of our policemen ? Not saying that Fauth is a tough guy in the scrap but at the least he has size and reach to have some players think twice before working on the likes of some of our smaller and skilled forwards .

Caner
08-25-2006, 11:22 AM
I think in todays hockey a team can't carry players that sit on the bench and only get into the game to have a fight. A better option would be to keep welsh, can fight, play, and is huge. Although, aren't the 20's suppose to be the better players on a team?

skinnyhead
08-26-2006, 09:04 PM
on the bo statement that bo wasn't working on his skating i saw him tons of times at central collegiate in Moose Jaw with those parachutes tied to his back to imporve speed so i know he was working on increasing his speed and footwork.

Warrior Fan
08-31-2006, 11:29 AM
on the bo statement that bo wasn't working on his skating i saw him tons of times at central collegiate in Moose Jaw with those parachutes tied to his back to imporve speed so i know he was working on increasing his speed and footwork.

I was trying to state that during camp he looked a little slow. It was like he didn't feel like hustling. I also don't think he was the only one.

grainbear
08-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Watched BO participate in one of the games, this afternoon,Work ethic was their and along with Craige, Bobbee and Veterans they lead the class. Very impressed with Adam Matlock who lasted late last year before going back can,t see it occurring if he continues to play like I saw today. Boychuk and King dominated when ever they were on the ice. Giofriddo whom we got from Red Deer will come along and appeared to have the Sutter type work ethic in him. . Their were also 17 local players at camp which was a surprise . The other good news was that Wuchterl is in camp after his concussion from last season. Mchale as reported earlier is not and camp and obvious LeClerc will get the workload. Other goalies in camp besides who can play this year are Campbell -Edmonton, Milan,Edmonton, Odegarde- Red Deer, Sam Huston-North Van and Brad Anderson from Langley and Gunderson-Lethbridge.