PDA

View Full Version : Rebels US Bus Trip Day 2

Shinyshoes
02-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Day 2

The day began by waking up to RDRebs Bulldozer type snoring. No more sleep for this boy! I decide to pop out of bed and check the boards for new posts. Whlfans.ca is down, and nothing interesting but the PA Bru-ha-ha on the whiteboard. Sgt.Zeeks Cell rings again and low and behold, its his daughter again. 28 Hours and 2 calls. This $5.99 per minute calling is going to be hell if she gets lonly every 12 hours for the entire 9 Days.

Anyhow, Make a run to the local Conoco. Pretty cool that in the states you can get gas at the beer store. "Honey, Gonna go get some more.....gas". I love it. Grab some Gatorade (read somewhere that it is the best cure for a hangover, not that I'm going to have one), some beer and a bite to eat.

hop on the bus for a quick 2 hour ride to Kennewick. Nothing really adventurous on the trip. I lost my first game of crib on the bus. I think i still stand the best with the 8-1 record. nobody has to know that the 1 was the most brutal Skunking of all time.

Got to the hotel and got checked in. Most of the fans gathered in the little courtyard to get all juked up for the game. We get all psyced(sp?) up for the game, walked my fat ass over to the 3 rivers Colosium, only to find out that I cant take my big rebels flag into the rink. Not only that, but the little 1 foot by 1 foot flags they sell at the rebels store in Red Deer isnt alowed in there either!!! Are you kidding me?? What am I going to do, Move too much air? And there is no way Im going to walk the 3 blocks back to my hotel. I might go into cardiac arrest!!! The guy who told us flags were not allowed also offered to hold onto our flags till after the game. Thank god. Just because I can see our hotel doesnt mean I can walk back and forth like its across the street. ITS 3 Friggin Blocks!@!

A local Ams fan who saw the Three rivers Colosium staff taking our flags went and complained to the front office (or someone) and at least got us back our 1x1 flags. BIG thanks to that fan. I dont know his name, and even though I shook his hand in thanks, I couldnt tell you what he looks like, but its nice to see a fan so passionate for the game willing to stick up for the opposition fans in order for a little healthy rivalry. Thanks again Nameless Ams fan!!! Your are the type of fan I would want my Children to take after. If at any time you are in the area, I would gladly buy you an ice cream at the Centrium in Red Deer.

The game followed the typical fashion of the Rebels Lately. Get down early in the game, then come back to win it in the nail-biting ways we have been a custom to lately. Phaneuf's shot to tie the game at 1 was a perfect example for the AMS fans why he is the best NHL Prospect in the WHL, and it started to roll from there. The Rebels Chased the puck around quite a bit, and couldnt make the pretty plays, but hard work and gritty plays by the forwards payed off in the end with Frazer getting the Go-Ahead Goal and Wick getting the Eventual Game winner. The fight was nothing to write home about. No real good punches thrown, and even less landed. On the bus, we have a grid for buying squares. Im pretty sure I had the 3-2 Rebels score, which means I would have an extra $36 USD (like $140 Canadian) to spend on beer in portland, But I guess I will have to wait untill we get on the bus to officially find out. Good to see both the Rebel boys who were given a 3 star selection acknowledge the rebel fans on their little skate on the Ice. We continued our cheering and jeering throughout the game, and a new chant was born. While in spokane, the Go Chiefs Go chant sounded strangely like Goat Cheeze Go. Who'd a thunk a chant like "Goat Cheeze Go" would catch on so quick. Also, we still got a few strange looks for the kootnay sucks chant......just to help clarify, we borrowed it from the Calgary fans, because quite simply, Kootnay does suck! ;)

Got back to the Hotel after the game, and wandered over to the Red Lobster for Supper. Our Waitress was AWESOME, and the girl across from us was Celebrating her birthday. I told the waitress to get her a drink on me, but they left before the drink came. Do you realize how hard it is to buy somebody a drink in the USA??

I went to 3 tables trying to give away this drink before someone would finally take it. We had a good chat with those people about everything from the color of money to what was in the drink I gave her before it was time to go back to the hotel.....

We got back to the hotel, and I'll give you 1 guess what all 4 of us Grown Drunken men forgot......yup, the room key. After much discussion, and a scolding from Tiny, we decided that going to the front desk to get a new key was the best Idea. We Sent RDReb, and when he came back, the room key wouldnt work. I guess when you are in room 1120 and you tell the front desk that we need another key for 1140, it might not work in our door. Could you imagine the look on the faces of an un-named Rebels' Parents if we would have gone an opened the door to 1140?? WOW!!!

anyhow, we finally got thing straightened out, and got into our room. Low and behold, there on the counter, just inside the door, was both our room keys. Guess all that jukking up for the game really paid off!@!

Thats it for day 2. 2 Days, 2 games, 2 hotels, 2 drunken stupors, and 2 points for the Rebels. So far, so good. Day 3 is an off day as far as the hockey is concerned, but the bus ride and the cribbage will provide a very entertaining day 3 recap. Maybe then I will tell you about one of our intoxicated fans putting his contacts into another fans already full contact case.....

Hope all is well in Red Deer, we miss all of you and wish you could all be here. By the way, I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt today.....just so you know.......Is all the snow gone in Red Deer Yet?? Just checking.

Untill tomorrow!!

Rebels_chick
02-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Great update again, I look forward to the rest!

Rebel66
02-14-2005, 12:19 PM
These updates are really entertaining. Thx for doing them.

What I'd really like is a running tally of the number of beers consumed by the four of you. (Oh, and maybe the number of shrimp too!!) :groovy:

Good stuff.

Say HI to my fellow Section R's Debbie & Ray and Karen & Camille for me.....

edit: Oh yeah, shorts weather here too. After all it's only minus 14 with the windchill.

frontrow fan
02-14-2005, 02:00 PM
:clap: Oh Shiney.... makes me jealous just to read the re-caps... I wish we had been able to make the trip with you guys...sounds like a blast... but with our own kid playing a big tourny in March in Kelowna, we had to pass on this one... anyhow...keep the updates coming, and you guys came thru loud and proud on 105.5 and Mooner kept talking about ya'll... Enjoy and we'll see you next friday when we'll take the trip south to beat the Hitties!!! :groovy: :bounce: