PDA

View Full Version : Tigers Move Robertson to Prince George

Tiger9
08-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Tigers Move Robertson to Prince George

Friday, August 25, 2006

Medicine Hat, AB - Medicine Hat Tigers announce today they have completed a trade with the Prince George Cougar. The Tigers sent 20-year-old forward Brett Robertson and future considerations to the Cougars in exchange for 18-year-old forward TYLER SWYSTUN.

Swystun was the Cougar's first round selection, sixth overall, in the 2003 Bantam Draft. The 5'11", 175 lbs forward played last season with the University of Michigan Wolverines in NCAA Division I. A native of Cochran, AB, Swystun played the 2004-05 season with the Camrose Kodiaks of the AJHL where he was named to the 2005 AJHL All Rookie Team. Tyler was the leading scorer for Team Pacific team during the 2005 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge held in Lethbridge, AB.

"We are excited to add a good young player of Tyler's ability to our organization," said Tigers' general manager/head coach Willie Desjardins. "We expect him to be in our line-up this year and contribute to our program over the next couple of seasons."

"We are sending to Prince George, a real quality person and player in Brett Robertson," stated Desjardins. "Brett is a guy we relied on and has been a tremendous contributor to our hockey club. It is tough to see him go but it is also a good opportunity for him to bring his leadership and skill to a new team."

"Although Brett is leaving, he will always be considered part of our organization," concluded Desjardins.

Tiger Trauma
08-25-2006, 02:39 PM
I was sorta hoping we would keep robertson, as he is gonna manage at least a ppg this year, but its a numbers game and someone had to go. Prince George is gettin a quality 20 yr old.

Exited about his new kid though, he sounds like he has some great potential!

Tiger Trauma
08-25-2006, 03:15 PM
--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004-05 Camrose Kodiaks AJHL 52 15 17 32 55
2005-06 U. of Michigan NCAA 36 2 2 4 12

His stats last 2 seasons

Ti-girl
08-25-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm torn.

I really really like Robertson as a player, and as a kid in general. I realise that someone had to be moved because of the Overager situation, but still. I'm sad.

The only worse team he could have gone to would have been the Hitmen, though then I could have watched him.

:(

Tiger Trauma
08-27-2006, 12:46 PM
http://www.medicinehatnews.com/article_2887.php

article on brett robertson, about leaving the hat