PDA

View Full Version : I like the new Moose

maple leaf
08-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Your new thirds logo is pretty cool. What color's are the new third's.

Triton
08-25-2006, 04:47 PM
That is rediculous.Anyone have a picture of this monstocity?

I don't care for it.

Warrior Fan
08-25-2006, 04:52 PM
My son was sitting on my knee when the pic came up and he was dad look at that. He is missing a tooth. He's cool. If my son likes it I am sure other kids will too and we have to attract youth to the team.

MOOSE JAW, SK - The Moose Jaw Warriors unveiled their third jersey today in a special press conference which was held at the Moose Jaw Civic Centre. The Moose Jaw Warriors are proud to represent the great city of Moose Jaw and a tremendous amount of work and thought has gone into the design of the new logo to reflect just that. The Warriors also wanted to create a design that fans both young and old would embrace.

“We are very pleased on how the jersey turned out”, says General Manager Chad Lang. “We feel that this jersey provides us with a new fresh look, a look that all our loyal fans will enjoy”.

A wider variety of merchandise will be available for purchase in the Moose Jaw Warriors souvenir store throughout the 2006-07 season for all those who wish to sport the new Moose Jaw Warriors look.

The Moose Jaw Warriors will hit the ice sporting the new logo and jersey design on every Friday night home game this 2006-07 season. Fans will be able to see the debut of the jersey on Friday September 29th when the Calgary Hitmen face the Warriors.

WARRIORS COME TO TERMS WITH 2 TOP PICKS

Warriors General Manager Chad Lang also announced today at the press conference, the signing Justin Maylan and Kevin Smith to the organization. Maylan and Smith were the Warriors 1st and 2nd round draft picks in the 2006 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

Maylan, a Calgary product, was selected 17th overall by the Warriors and posted some impressive numbers last season scoring 38 goals and 64 assists in 58 games for the Bantam AAA North Shore Winter Club in Vancouver, BC.
Smith, a 6’0” defenseman from North Vancouver, also played with the North Shore Winter Club and accumulated 12 goals and 39 assists in 60 games.

“We're really happy to have both Justin and Kevin join our hockey club," says General Manager Chad Lang. "We look forward to both players playing significant roles with our hockey club in the seasons to come."

Lang also announced that the Warriors Director of Scouting & Player Development, Rob MacLachlan, has re-signed with the club for an additional 2 years.

MacLachlan has been actively involved in scouting for the Warriors for 6 years and 2 years as the Director of Scouting & Player Development. "Rob has helped with the improvement of our club over the years," adds Lang. “Not only has he identified up and coming talent, him and his scouting staff have built a positive image of our organization throughout Western Canada"

Hatguy
08-25-2006, 07:18 PM
It's on the WHL site now Canadian Eh. I think it's hilarious. Reminds me of Bullwinkle after a bar fight. LOL! I like em, we needed a change.

HAF
08-25-2006, 08:27 PM
I think its the most original logo in the league. Its great!http://www.mjwarriors.ca/images/logos/logo_06_183.gif

SeventhHeaven4U
08-25-2006, 10:42 PM
I'll agree with it being an original! I don't hate it.... but I don't love it.... I think it will take some getting used to and it will grow on me as the season progresses i hope.... It'd be cool if they made a mascot outta him and named him! Great for the kids n publicity stunts for community events/fundraisers for the Warriors.

Zookeeper
08-25-2006, 11:05 PM
I agree with seventhheaven, I don't hate it or love it but I could see it growing on me. Better than last years.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-26-2006, 02:11 AM
I prefer last years personally. I dont really care much for this new logo, I just wont be able to take them seriously anymore. Their last logo was bad ass while this one is just bad.

But thats just my opinion.

nivek_wahs
08-26-2006, 07:17 AM
Is it just me or does the moose look a lot like Mark Messier :laugh: ? Wasn't his nickname "Moose" at one point in time :D ?

http://www.icubed.com/~rpoe/mess1.jpg

nivek_wahs
08-26-2006, 07:21 AM
At least they didn't design it after the huge moose statue in MJ... http://www.roadsideattractions.ca/mjmoose.jpg

Are they gonna call the new moose logo "Mac"? Like the statue :p

Shooter
08-26-2006, 08:48 AM
I think its the most original logo in the league. Its great!http://www.mjwarriors.ca/images/logos/logo_06_183.gif

Like others have said its original. But for me it will depend on how it actualy looks on a jersey before I decide if I like it or not. Kudos to the MJ organization for coming up with a new and fresh logo.

Fight Guy
08-26-2006, 01:35 PM
I personally, dont like it at all, but like mentioned, it is original, and also like mentioned, Ill have ot see it on the jerseys first to give my complete opinion.

Triton
08-26-2006, 01:38 PM
Jersey's better not look like those ugly Moose Jaw Midget AAA jerseys.

From far the logo on that jersey looks like a rooster.

Warrior Fan
08-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Much like all the Warrior fans laugh at the goofy dog. Nice to see the rivalry still alive.

Toswammi
08-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Add me to the list of people that thinks that logo is goofy. I hope the to see the jerseys in person when i visit the Can this year then i will pass judgement, but until then i refuse to call them the Warriors. Its the Moose Jaw Bullwinkles now!!

Hatguy
08-26-2006, 06:22 PM
I saw the jersey on Global last night. I like the jersey, I believe it is red and black with no white at all.

Hatguy
08-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Well I can get the pic on the site but I found a link from the times herald with the new jersey, it does have some white on it. http://www.mjtimes.sk.ca/ It will be under the sports section.

HAF
08-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Here is the photo from the Times

http://www.mjtimes.sk.ca/image.aspx?ImageType=NewsStory&StoryID=51637

eecliff
08-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Hope they wear the new jerseys in Kelowna on Dec 30th..
Could be called the "Rocky & Bullwinkle Show" :laugh:

ee.....

Spungy
08-31-2006, 01:14 PM
i like the look of it!

skinnyhead
08-31-2006, 10:07 PM
We might want to get use to these uniforms if some people have there ways with sports teams we might not be called the warriors much longer..... anyways looks good i think diffrent for sure...

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-02-2006, 03:50 PM
ive seen the new moose and i like it i think it represents moose jaw you know