PDA

View Full Version : Well camp hasn't disappointed yet.

Warrior Fan
08-26-2006, 02:01 PM
G. Nyren has looked very good. Grecica and Prokop are looking so good. Grecica is noticably large on the ice with some good hands and wheels.
Labreche is missing. Something that has me shaking my head. I think that this has an interesting mix of talent and toughness. Not sure which D are which as they aren't really listed clearly.
Sommers is another player that looked pretty good on the ice this morning.
Jones is in camp and sporting his new lightning gear. Sure would be nice to have that #1 center for this season. Herman, Gillen, Wray, Smith are of course looking like they belong. Haven't seen Bast yet this year really. Nyren and Haag are going to push for spots. Man they have some good skill. Jebson has looked sharp in net and it looks like the back up spot is going to either him or Karambelas. We will see how things play out.

Perricon and Gillen are going to pro camps this year which is very good to see.

Hatguy
08-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Good to hear that our young talent is preforming well so far.

agent
08-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Was Bast the one dominating Face offs wearing 25?? :confused:

SeventhHeaven4U
08-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Perricon and Gillen are going to pro camps this year which is very good to see.

I am very curious as to where you got the information from that Joey is attending a pro camp. I have a list stating all FA which were invited to pro camps this fall and Perricone is not on it (the list is updated to Aug.24/06). So please share with us where he is attending. :)

2fast
08-27-2006, 12:47 AM
seventhheaven i heard joey got invited to anaheim's rookie camp so thats the camp im sure he is talking about.

90/91s that impressed me.
1.chad suer...the kid defently has to be a lock to make this team very well rounded dman and never out of position.

2.brian sommers...looked very good out there plays with a bit of a edge.

3.j.colett...in my opion was the best 90/91 out on the ice,kid has wheels and was everywhere and dangerous everytime he was on the ice.

4.neal prokop/jason grecica......that was a given.

5.m.burns....very good hands and hard to move off the puck,only draw back is not a very fast skater but hes only 15 so hopefully that comes.

6.justin maylan....certainly wont dissappoint at the whl level.

86/89s that looked good and bad.

1.mccardle,holzapfel ....already in mid season form.

2.blake barkwell.....offensive weapon,deadly around the net to bad hes 19 tho.

3.joey perricone...when tested today looked very sharp.

4.jason bast....looks like he might of gained a lil size over the summer,took a nice open ice hit today jumped up right away but went straight to the bench.

5.r.rapac....new euro looked invisible out there.

6.jock sutter....heres another shoe in to make the team on defence looked very good out there.

7.ryan staton/eric frere.....send them home look horrible out there,what ever pick we gave up for frere to red deer (get it back.)

8.backup goalies kevin jebson and evan karembelas neither looked to impressive,maybe thats an area the warrior staff should be paying close attention to is the back up goalie situation.

once again lack of toughness at camp,hardly any hitting or intensity out on the ice for the second game(86/89s),2 of the biggest kids on the ice trying to make the team riley grantham and #8 teal team did nuthin out there with there size very dissappointing.

Warrior Fan
08-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Bougeouis looks like a very good 15 year old. He has speed and plays an aggressive style.
Maylan and Burns are both high end guys. Maylan is very very skilled. He is a puck magnet and always gets to open ice. He gets a ton of shots every single shift. Skates well and makes smart decisions with the puck.

Labreche was absent from camp but may get to play later in the season when the Warriors travel through BC hopefully.

McArdle Holzapfel are looking very good.
Smith and Wray have obviously improved and Robinson is working hard.
Gillen looked a little sluggish in some games. Picked it up later on.
Rapac started to play much better with every shift. Starting to carry the puck with more authority and create plays. He plays in traffic well and isn't afraid to go tothe net.
Bast has added some size and still makes niffty plays with the puck. Herman looks strong and of course skates so well. McKenzie is huge and mobile could be a great player if he decides to hit on every shift. He could make alot of room out there for our skilled guys if he would forecheck hard every shift.

Grecica and Prokop are both skilled kids. they are both big at 6 foot 2 or more and close to or above the 200 pound mark. I can't see them not making this team. They are going to have easy transitions as well because they are both so big.

Giffen Nyren is very talented as well. He has soft hands and great wheels. He has an above average shot. I think he is a lock to make the team this year as well.

Barkwell is all over the ice. He makes plays and creates scoring chances. Playing on a line with McArdle the 2 scored almost at will during the games. Very nice passing plays and finish by both players.

McArdle is going to love the open ice in the offensive zone, espescially on the rush. Defenders are going to have a very difficult time stoping him driving wide.

Jebson and Karambelas have started to pick up there games on game 2 as well. As theyy get more comfortable you can see the improvement.

Hamonic and Suer look to be the 2 best 16 year olds but one other one has stood out as well. I just can't remember his name right now.

Sutter has looked very good and consistent. Good puck skills and defense. Should have room for him this year as well. With Erhardt, Grundling and Chapman it could be tight.

skinnyhead
08-28-2006, 04:12 PM
Chad got a pro tryout for Joey and Grundling is also going to a Pro camp

SeventhHeaven4U
08-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Any further news on how the goalies are doing? Anyone goto the Black vs White game last nite????

agent
08-31-2006, 10:19 PM
:groovy: And that I like. Not just depending of a few players to carry the team.