PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from the AM Saturday Scrimage

Shooter
08-26-2006, 04:42 PM
First off, thank goodness hockey is back. :groovy: Now on to me thoughts from the morning scrimage, Blue team beat the White 7-3. Highlights of the session were the line of Quakenbush, Kakoske and Lazowski. They dominated the game while on the ice, Kakoske had at least two goals and picked up a 3rd I belive. While Lazowski and Kakoske are only 15 and too young to play this season it give us Birds fans a hope for the future. Quakenbush however is 16 and looks like he should be a lock to make the team. He is a big kid at 6'5 228lbs and looks like a clone of former Bird Ryan Gibbons. Difrence is that Quakenbush loves to take the puck to the net and is not afraid to park himself in front of it as well. Several times during the game Quakenbush outmuscled fellow 16yr old and highly rate prospect Jeremy Boyer for the puck along the boards. It will be intresting to see how he performs when the veterens are on the ice as well. Other standouts in my opinon were Quinn Gould who put a couple in the net and was strong in the faceoff circle. Jacob DeSerres did not allow a goal during his time in the net but was only tested once or twice. Charles Wells looks like a future speed demon in the Dub, while he is only 5'8 he is extremley fast and found himself around the puck alot. Wade Ritchie went all the way in goal during the loss and while he gave up 7 goals he did look good at times and got no help from his defense.

Hope to make it to a scrimage during the week when the vets are out there and will report more if possible.

08-28-2006, 04:03 PM
awesome, keep us posted with the updates!