PDA

View Full Version : disappointed in the LP

patsdude114
08-26-2006, 08:51 PM
I have been very disappointed so far with the Leader post the Pats r starting up right away with training camp...and there is nothing on them at all..i remember yrs in the past they have done small articales on our local players...they have done things on K.Ross and Harding but so far this yr they've done nothing...maybe its just cuz im so darn excited for the pats to start up again but still lol

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-26-2006, 09:03 PM
because they are too busy writing storys about the super important riders. They suck every year, nothing is new to write about them. I've tried to be a fan, but they let the fans down alot. They appear to be winning and can fall apart in the last 2 minutes. It happens every season at least half the time.

I cant stand watching football, its just too repetitive and overrated. Fun to play but it such a fat mans sport to watch.

patsfan33
08-27-2006, 02:24 AM
and then they go ahead and win 51-6 tonight....altho it was ONLY against the ti-cats...meh i jumped off the bandwagon long ago

anyway back on topic...i know a few ppl who work at the LP and the paper is coming out with a decent section on the Pats and the upcoming season in the near future so i guess we'll all just have to suck it up and wait

nivek_wahs
08-28-2006, 05:40 AM
I am somewhat disappointed in the LP as well, but you have to understand that the Riders are the ONLY pro team in the province and they are the ones that are most recognizable. This was supposed to be the Riders "year" when they got Joseph and Armstead... blah, blah. Then the timely firing of Shiv and hiring of Tillman made the media carnivores jump all over that bandwagon... Enough Rider talk.

A day or 2 before Pats rookie camp is when the LP will get going with Pats info/stories/etc. With trusty old Greg Harder covering the Pats and Rob Vanstone chipping in with his columns that are either pro-Pats or anti-Pats there never seems to be a grey area with that guy. I remember when David McDonald wanted to "meet him in a dark alley" those were the days :laugh: .

People have to remember that Riders are always going to be the number 1 story here... then everyone else.

Pirate005
08-28-2006, 11:42 AM
5-5 will turn to 9-9 but RIDERS, RIDERS, RIDERS. I agree with you on the Pats topic, they are likely to be first in the East Division this year and still nothing on them at all. Same thing in the Star Phoenix, there been hardly anything on the Blades either, just 2 pages of RIDER columns every day. It gets sickening. I live in PA and was thinking of subscribing to the SP but I'm affraid I'll get 0 Blades news and 5 RIDER columns everyday. BLAH!!!!!!!! How can there be so much to talk about everyday with that team. Hmmm, what did Barrett have for breakfast today, what did Keith do last night, what does Tillman like about his new Job?

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-10-2006, 04:37 PM
hey man dont be saying things about the riders even the gy who got banned is a riders fan...by the way why did he get banned???