PDA

View Full Version : Black/ White recap

peatfan
08-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Good game with the forwards showing a lot of promise. All 4 goalies looked good with Spence being the best. They used 14 new faces on the d as they battled for the 3 or 4 spots on the team. Plante and Kelner played up front while Alzner sat out. This will be weakness of the Hitmen, especially if Yeo is out for any length of times. I could see that LeBlanc and possibly another forward be traded for an experience defenseman..
Team White scored the first two goals in the first period with Sonne and Dupont pulling the trigger. In the second LeBlanc got the Black on the scoreboard before the goalies switched/ Ze mlack let in 2 goals while Miller let in 1. Shortly thereafter a goalmouth scramble resulted in the game being tied. I believe White scored but LeBlanc and McMillan were both banging around. In the third White scored the game winner and then in the last thirty second, two empty netters by Plante and Dansereau wrapped up the scoring. Spence shutout Team White while Jones let in 2 with 2 empty netters. Lineups for the team and line combination:
Black
Goal---Spence & Zemlack
Def---Stone, Gillis, Lee, Stayner, Clarke, Earley, Konopelky
For---Plante, Gal, Nelson
Filgren, Kozun, Reid
Isbister, Kalinski, Dansereauwho
McMillan, White, LeBlanc
White
Goal--- Jones & Miller
Def--- Reinholt, MacKenzie, Nadolny,Thiessen, Martin, Bzdel Plouffe
For----Sonne, Reich, Covington
Dupont, Merkley. Pettersson
Letts, Schaber, Fox
Gordon, Schultz, Kelner

The 90’s who impressed me the most over the whole camp included Schultz, Kozun, Jones and Stone. Among the rest I liked Isbister the best followed by Reid. Hopefully he continues his hustle.
The makeup of the team will be interesting as a trade or two will soon be coming. In net we have Spence with the first spot and I suspect both Jones and Zemlack starting the year here before the final decision is made. Right now I put Jones ahead.
On defense the first four spots are easy, with Yeo (who might start the year on the IR), Plante, Alzner (who will be the QB on the PP) and Kelner. Picking the next three or four is a tough one. Reinholt should have one spot but hasn’t shown much. Stone looks like he has one spot and also Plouffe. Then it’s between Gillis, Martin and Clarke. Stayner showed promise and while he won’t be on this year’s team I could see him back next year.
Up front the first 8 is easy- Sonne, White, Merkley, Dupont, Pettersson, Filgren, Dansereau and Covington. Then Reich, Letts and McMillan has to thrown in there along with an overager (Isbister) and you are at 12 The last two spots I would give to Kozun and Schultz. So not making the team but coming close is Fox, Kalinski, LeBlanc(who might start the year with Yeo out) and Reid.
Now we have to see how the team fares against the other teams. First up is the Rebels. Can't wait.

Hitmen1
08-28-2006, 07:55 PM
Great info, thanks.