PDA

View Full Version : Birds Scrimage 9-28

Shooter
08-29-2006, 08:30 AM
Notes from the Birds PM scrimage on Monday 9/28.

Blue 8, White 2

Scoring notes: Aaron Gagnon hat trick, Bud Holloway 2 goals, Charles Wells 1 goal and 1 assist, Jeremy Schappert Rob Klinkhammer Steve Oursov and Quinn Gould added solo tallies. David Richard had two assists, Greg Scott Ben Olson and Kyle Pess had one assist a piece.

Goaltending: Derek Yeomans stopped 11 of 13 shots, Wade Ritchie stopped 8 of 14, Jacob Deserres stopped 21 of 22 and Harrison May stopped 15 of 16.

Notes on the game, it was good to see the vets back on the ice. Gagnon had a strong second half of the game including a sweet goal as he went high on the short side to beat Ritchie. Gagnon looked a little quicker than last year which can only be a good thing. For the White team Pess and Holloway were matched up on the same line for most of the night. They were worked very well together and were a threat to score almost every shift. Holloway scored a goal on a tip in as he received the pass off the ice and tipped it past Deserres for the goal of the game. Jeff Beattie was another kid who stood out for the white team, while he didnt pick up a point he was very strong on face offs. While I dont have the exact stats I would say he was over 50% and that included beating some of the vets on the draw. Jeremy Boyer also looked good on the face offs, while this is a small part of the game it is an area that the Birds have struggled in the past few years. Nice game from Charles Wells, he is 15 so he cannot make the team but his speed has alot of of us fans anxiously awaiting he debut next year. A kid alot of the fans are talking about in Seattle is a 16 yr old blueliner, Sena Accolatse. He is listed at 5'11 234lbs. You would think this kid would be built like a bowling ball but he isnt. He skates well, has a solid one timer from the point and wants to shoot. Sena is also solid in his own zone, im looking forward to seeing him against some other competition next weekend in Everett. Goalie wise, Deserres only allowed the goal to Holloway that he didnt have a chance on and looked solid in his half of the game. Yeomans looked ok, no big deal. I thought he should have stopped the first goal he gave up but at the same time it wasnt a brutal goal as he D let the scorer walk in untouched. Harrison May a 17 yr old who suited up for the Birds at least once looked pretty good. He wont make the team this year but I feel he has a future here in Seattle. Wade Ritchie struggled giving up 6 goals, he did not get alot of help but he didnt help himself either. Not totaly unexpected though, as he is only 15 and found himself in there against alot of the vets. One kid I liked in rookie camp that didnt impress me last night was Quakenbush. Big kid (6-5) and he skates good but got lost out there last night.

08-29-2006, 10:28 AM
Do you know when they are sending home all the 15year olds?

Redwic
08-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Goaltending: Derek Yeomans stopped 11 of 13 shots, Wade Ritchie stopped 8 of 14, Jacob Deserres stopped 21 of 22 and Harrison May stopped 15 of 16.

If Opsahl is gone, where did he go? I'm just curious.

Shooter
08-29-2006, 11:49 PM
If Opsahl is gone, where did he go? I'm just curious.

From what I "heard", the Birds didnt invite him back. I have no idea if that is true or not. I always thought Ops would be a good #1 if he got the chance so hopefully he will get that shot somewhere.

Shooter
08-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Do you know when they are sending home all the 15year olds?

Most of the 15yr olds were gone today, only about 4 left.