PDA

View Full Version : Blades lose Zasitko...

Trav
08-29-2006, 05:57 PM
He's decided to focus on school and not hockey according to the Saskatoon Star Phoenix. Tough loss as he had come here at the trade deadline and really did well here. Oh well, just another chance for a youngster to step in. Also might give Cook, Klotz or Klym a better shot at making the team.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
08-30-2006, 12:11 AM
i think this is a good move for them so they can focus on some good rookies they have such as you said cook ext ext

Trav
08-30-2006, 12:33 AM
I wonder about Cook, Klotz and Klym is are they just going to skate around trying to hit someone or pick a fight or are they going to play hockey to? If its just to hit or pick a fight then there should be no room on the team for them cuz thats just stupid. Thats all Tidball did when he was here.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-30-2006, 01:16 AM
Thats disappointing news, for the fans anyways.

Its admirable that he chose to focus completly on school. He was a decent player for his age and was one of the few blades I did like ;). Best of luck in Brennans future endeavors.

RoundHouse
08-30-2006, 07:14 PM
I wonder about Cook, Klotz and Klym is are they just going to skate around trying to hit someone or pick a fight or are they going to play hockey to? If its just to hit or pick a fight then there should be no room on the team for them cuz thats just stupid. Thats all Tidball did when he was here.

Well Tidball did his job,notice the team tanked after they traded him,and tried to go with the "team toughness" theme..didnt workout.
Players,ref's.mgmt all said afterwards it was a bad move and the Blades paid for it.
It goes beyond just running around picking fights,its about sending messages and giving your skilled guys room. Now im not saying the Blades need 7 guys like that,but one or two would be nice. No matter how many rules they try and change etc..you will always need a tough guy in the WHL.

Dwight Schrute
08-31-2006, 05:28 PM
in front of a computer screen somewhere pepper carrot is crying about this

tough loss he seemed like a solid 4th liner who could forecheck.
why would he not wait till his dub days were over to start school

wango tango
08-31-2006, 10:10 PM
meh. whatever. the only hurt here is instead of a veteran filling the roll, a younger guy will have to step up, much like zasitko did last season. the next 6 to 8 weeks are going to be interesting.