PDA

View Full Version : Birds Scrimage 9-29

Shooter
08-30-2006, 08:41 AM
Blue team won again Tuesday night, 3-1 despite being outshot 33-20.

Goaltending: Harrison May stopped 17 of 17 and Jacob Deserres stopped 15-16 for the Blue team. Derek Yeomans went all the way for the White stopping 17-20 of shots.

Scoring highlights:Aaron Gagnon lit the lamp again, Chad Hohmann tipped in a shot from the point, and Euro Radek Meidl put a sweet wrist shot in the back of the net. For the White team, Kyle Pess had there lone tally.

Play was alot more physical Tuesday night, alot of hitting although there were no fights. Players that stood out were Aaron Gagnon who again looked like he is going to have an outstanding season for the Birds unless he signs a pro contract. Bud Holloway was flying out there tonight as well and was also hitting everything that moved. Chris Durand had a solid game, showing why he is one of the top defensive forwards in the Dub. A kid that I didnt notice until tonight was a 16 yr old from California, Matt Leitner. Listed only at 5'8 he is pretty small but had very good speed and was not afraid to go into the corners and fight for the puck. Sena Acolatse had another good game on the blueline and had an assist as one of his on target slapshots found a teamates stick for a tip in. Goaltending wise, both May and Deserres were outstanding again tonight. Deserres robbed the White team a couple of times during the second half of the game. Yeomans again was just average.

Getting closer to actual games, cant wait. :groovy:

08-30-2006, 12:27 PM
You can totally tell its getting closer.
I'm coming out for the home opener. Cant wait to see these kids in action!:bounce:

If yeomans is going to be the starter he should really start to improve his games.. Sounds like he is having a slow start. I wonder if its the scenary change that has got him hung up?

IamBatman
08-30-2006, 02:46 PM
You can totally tell its getting closer.
I'm coming out for the home opener. Cant wait to see these kids in action!:bounce:

If yeomans is going to be the starter he should really start to improve his games.. Sounds like he is having a slow start. I wonder if its the scenary change that has got him hung up?

Don't worry about Yeomans. He starts slow every year. I remember the last 2 years wonder if Westblom was going to get the No.1 spot, then Yeoman's pull his head out of his ass, and started winning games.

08-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Don't worry about Yeomans. He starts slow every year. I remember the last 2 years wonder if Westblom was going to get the No.1 spot, then Yeoman's pull his head out of his ass, and started winning games.

hahaha, okay this is good to know.