PDA

View Full Version : Howarth Gone

IamBatman
08-30-2006, 11:28 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that Brent Howarth is leaving the Rockets. Reason being is he wants to play closer to home. I wonder if that means he wants a trade to an Eastern team or if he is going to go down a league and play junior A or something?

Either way, that is a hit to the Rockets this year.

Trav
08-30-2006, 11:46 AM
could be someone Molleken might be interested in with Barnes gone and Rabbit appears to be on the way out, the Blades have no twenty year olds up front and only one possible nineteen year old in Setoguchi and he may not even be back. Howarth could land a spot here and probably wouldnt cost the Blades to much either.

Redwic
08-30-2006, 01:55 PM
The Silvertips tried acquiring Kyle Howarth last season, but he wanted to keep playing as close to home as possible. Perhaps it runs in the family?

Too bad, as I liked Brent's play while he was with Kelowna.

Dwight Schrute
08-30-2006, 08:02 PM
my bet is he goes to play for the selkirk steelers of the mjhl. thats where brother kyle went. and also it would be the last year they could play junior together. its 5 min from their hometown too.

eecliff
08-30-2006, 09:55 PM
I heard on the radio this morning that Brent Howarth is leaving the Rockets. Reason being is he wants to play closer to home. I wonder if that means he wants a trade to an Eastern team or if he is going to go down a league and play junior A or something?

Either way, that is a hit to the Rockets this year.

I think Howarth saw the writing on the wall , and decided to head home to play his last year with his brother.

It should make it a little easier for the Rockets to decide who the 20 year olds will be...

Who is left now ? Just Card, Ray, Cumisky & Barthel as possible returns?

ee…..

eecliff
08-30-2006, 10:25 PM
my bet is he goes to play for the selkirk steelers of the mjhl. thats where brother kyle went. and also it would be the last year they could play junior together. its 5 min from their hometown too.

You are right!!
Brent is going back to play for Selkirk, but Bruce Hamilton of the Rockets did make a comment today that he thinks Brent will not play the whole season there and will be back in the WHL with some other team as the MJHL may not all be what he thought.

ee…..

Dwight Schrute
08-30-2006, 10:40 PM
I think Howarth saw the writing on the wall , and decided to head home to play his last year with his brother.

It should make it a little easier for the Rockets to decide who the 20 year olds will be...

Who is left now ? Just Card, Ray, Cumisky & Barthel as possible returns?

ee…..
card was signed by the sabres
probably wont be back at all