PDA

View Full Version : Obstruction rules... big adjustment??

Five Hole
09-01-2006, 08:15 AM
Any feel on how much tighter they'll be calling things this year, say compared to last year? I saw a comment that the teams are having to spend some time learning and adjusting to what they can and can't get away with out there.
No doubt the PK is going to get a lot of work until everyone gets on side with how things are being called. And, of course some refs will still let more go than others, I guess.
I guess some of the vets are probably a bit familiar from last year, but we're probably going to have a pile of rookies this year, so it could be interesting!
Any thoughts? Be interested in seeing any comments after you see a couple of exhibition games...

Beaner
09-01-2006, 08:23 AM
The Giants black white game was called by Smith and it was extrememly tight.

Stick on man without puck = whistle.

I think the players will adjust quickly but it will be painful during the pre-season as players learn the refs have a zero tolerance.

Dwight Schrute
09-02-2006, 12:08 AM
skilliter called it really tight tonight. many many penalties. no real favoritism between teams though which was nice to see. its just sad to see a guy fall near gauthier and have him get a penalty

SeventhHeaven4U
09-18-2006, 07:31 AM
Any feel on how much tighter they'll be calling things this year, say compared to last year? I saw a comment that the teams are having to spend some time learning and adjusting to what they can and can't get away with out there.
No doubt the PK is going to get a lot of work until everyone gets on side with how things are being called. And, of course some refs will still let more go than others, I guess.
I guess some of the vets are probably a bit familiar from last year, but we're probably going to have a pile of rookies this year, so it could be interesting!
Any thoughts? Be interested in seeing any comments after you see a couple of exhibition games...

The rookies (and some officials) this year will no doubt have trouble adjusting to the new NHL style rules . In the seasons to come, they won't have that problem seeing as minor hockey has adopted the same rules.... I'm presuming this is true in centers other than Lethbridge.