PDA

View Full Version : Info On Todd Klassen Game

die_hard
09-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Anyone have a summary for any comments about the annual intersquad game in Tri Cities. Who stood out, who got cut. Any info would be very appreciated.

Stay-Puft
09-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Don't know who got cut yet, but below is a link to a recap of the game. I will be curious to see who they cut because, in my opinion, some of the younger players were outplaying some veterans.

http://www.amshockey.com/article.src?ID=1722

ams fan
09-07-2006, 11:30 AM
i have stars by a couple names on the roster sheet from saturday. my stars go to alex aldred and tanner gillies for team blue (who came back from the first intermission on fire and scored 4 goals to win it), and by eric mestery and juraj valach for team white. chris inglis got player of the game. honorable mentions go to jon smith, daniel bartek and nic knudsen. most improved over summer: ryan gillen, knudsen, kyle peters and joel broda. maybe after this weekend's tourney i'll be adding dan watt, drew hoff and jarrett toll (who looks bigger to me) to that list. and the ones i would send home to toughen up and practice thinking on their feet: cornish, derickson, phillips, hollandsworth, gardiner, blair, carr, crosby, ritari, gorman and reddick. too bad how many of them are local boys. next year, eh? work hard, boys!! the herald had a good recap here (http://www.sportstricities.com/sportstc/hockey/americans/story/8153288p-8046075c.html) .

i didn't see the rest of camp but going off that one scrimmage, i would have hung onto colin phaneuf and reid macleod, at least for the tourney. boooogaard was wearing a full face shield for some reason, and tho he still helped out, he seemed to be holding back. butterfield was as imposing as ever, making it look easy. and i swear kyle peters is even faster than before.

there's my two cents.

Stay-Puft
09-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Phanuef looked phenominal all camp long. I don't know if there are any underlying issues (college eligibility) or if we can only have a certain number of 16s on the current roster. I'm a little curious. He was always around the play.

Knudsen had a good camp. He and Schmidt were paired together for most of the camp and looked pretty comfortable. From what I heard, Boogaard had the faceshield on due to a stick up high on the 1st day of camp. You're right, Toll looks bigger.

I like the looks of Derickson. I think he had a good overall camp. I didn't like the looks of Guillen though. Over the weeklong camp, there were numerous times that he got caught flat-footed with the forward going right past him. Mestery was having the same problem, but I can understand a 16 yr old getting accustomed to the speed vs. a 20 yr old that should know better.

Overall, I'm excited about the younger crop of players coming up. Too bad Felde didn't play in camp.