PDA

View Full Version : PA/MJ game.

2fast
09-03-2006, 01:02 AM
heres who i thought looked good for both teams.

1.steve sanford looked very decent in net for the raiders ,felske was shakey and let in 3 greasey goals in the first.
2.cody vann i thought played a very decent game,minus the screw up in front of the raider goal in the second and he looked decent,looks like he doesnt mind the rough stuff.
3.#17 it says cole penner but i think it was jordan trach,anyways by far the best player on the ice tonite for the raiders.
4.ashton hewson big kid likes to hit anything that moves,didnt do anything else on the ice but i dont think thats what hes in PA for,big kid in everyones face,other notables josh edler looked decent and andy smith has wheels but not overly big.

1.chad suer....one word "money"
2.richard rapac starting to look comfortable playing in the whl.
3.jason grecica played a very solid game tonite,best ive seen him all camp.
4.neal prokop same as grecica
5.giffen nyren played a great game,kid is a keeper.
6.blake barkwell speed to burn ,has a huge offensive upside and has shown all camp only knock is hes 19.
7.ryley grantham huge kid has decent hands around the net with decent speed for a big kid, but wasnt brought into camp for his scoring touch decent hands when he drops the mitts.

fights.
martin grundling and ryan depape...both jawing off the face off, the puck drops and so do there mitts and lids,they get together with grundling landing a decent shot that puts depape to his knees then grundling landing a few more for good measures as he lands on top of depape when they hit the ice,clear cut winner grundling but defently no KO win just a decent shot that landed and put him down.

ryley grantham and dan lepp...next face off after the grundling/depape fight these 2 square off when the puck drops,ryley the defenite aggressor comes in quick and grabs lepp and both guys start throwing hard fast punches,i dont know if ryley was landing the better punches and thats why dan put his head down but once he did it was total demolishment from there ,ryley was landing punches from every angle and the linesman jumped in even with ryley punching still at full tilt not waiting for dan to go down,awesome fight to watch and credit to both guys for standing in there,decision grantham but lepp was no worst for the wear and im sure theyll square off again some time.............that was granthams 3rd scrap of the yr fought colin herter twice in camp with basically the same outcome.

Aiham
09-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the recaps.

SeventhHeaven4U
09-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Grantham has proved he can fight, but how has he been otherwise? Worthy of a spot? Speaking of aggressors, what is McKenzie like out there? I've heard from some Bandit fans that Grantham is worth having on the team..... Do you agree or not??

Warrior Fan
09-03-2006, 02:17 PM
and a little more skill. He doesn't have as much straight away speed though. He is definetly tough though.

McKenzie has the ability to be a force out there. He is a truck in the most extreme sense of the word. He can flat out hit hard. If he hit every single shot he had to do so man he would become so effective in wearing down the other teams D. If he doesn't though he becomes expendable.

Warrior Fan
09-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Added a few things.

1.steve sanford looked very decent in net for the raiders ,felske was shakey and let in 3 greasey goals in the first. Felske has to be cut and shouldn't see another preseason game for that matter. No where near the Whl.
2.cody vann i thought played a very decent game,minus the screw up in front of the raider goal in the second and he looked decent,looks like he doesnt mind the rough stuff. Couple of decent hits to boot. Gets up the body so quick.
3.#17 it says cole penner but i think it was jordan trach,anyways by far the best player on the ice tonite for the raiders.Yean no way that was a 15 year old. I know Penner is a good player but that wasn't him for sure.
4.ashton hewson big kid likes to hit anything that moves,didnt do anything else on the ice but i dont think thats what hes in PA for,big kid in everyones face,other notables josh edler looked decent and andy smith has wheels but not overly big. Smith didn't do any passing. All trying to stick handle and dangle each time. Gonna need some time to get the team game down. Has the skill though that is for sure

1.chad suer....one word "money". He is big and pretty mobile. Weak on the puck a couple of times.
2.richard rapac starting to look comfortable playing in the whl.Started to show some composure and willingness to hit and play in high traffic areas. Has some offensive flair as well. Going to be a good player in MJ this season.
3.jason grecica played a very solid game tonite,best ive seen him all camp.I can't say this enough our future is looking so bright it is almost hard to believe really.
4.neal prokop same as grecica. These 2 are really starting to step up there game for sure.
5.giffen nyren played a great game,kid is a keeper. Makes the team at this point he has to.
6.blake barkwell speed to burn ,has a huge offensive upside and has shown all camp only knock is hes 19. Can't see him making the team with the Center Nyren playing the way he is. Nyren had an off game I thought but was still very noticeable out there.
7.ryley grantham huge kid has decent hands around the net with decent speed for a big kid, but wasnt brought into camp for his scoring touch decent hands when he drops the mitts.
8. Jock Sutter played a solid defensive game
9. Travis Hamonic was one of our best dmen on the ice tonight. Made some big hits. Had a couple of blocked shots and simply worked and played hard all night. Had a couple of miscues but he is 16 and that will happen.
10. Brian Sommers has all but assured himself a spot fulltime on the roster next season.
11. Robinson sits out with at injury. I would think he is one of the players on the bubble espescially with the acquisition of the new guy from Leth. If he doesn't start working a little harder and showing he wants to be here then he will be let go or traded to another team. He has skill that is for sure but he has to use it.

RebelsFan
09-03-2006, 09:07 PM
1.chad suer....one word "money". He is big and pretty mobile. Weak on the puck a couple of times.

What do you mean " one word "money" ?

Rick 19
09-04-2006, 12:10 AM
17 for PA was indeed 16 year old Trach. The best player that night for sure.
Penner was #22 (it was marked on the game sheet as Elder). Penner was very good as well. Penner hit Grundling with an open ice hit that sent Grundling down hard. He should be a good one. Zeliska was okay. Not nearly as dominant as PA fans have been suggesting. :turkey:

Warrior Fan
09-04-2006, 02:43 AM

I just added to another post what I saw.

Hatguy
09-04-2006, 02:52 AM

Maybe he means that Suer will be a star player and will bring money to our oranization with his stellar play that will bring fans from everywhere! Or maybe it's just some hipster doofus slang term for "money in the bank". lol
Sorry I actually answered that. Lol