PDA

View Full Version : Blades main camp scrimmage #1....

Trav
09-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Was at the scrimmage today and thought it was pretty good, fast paced, lots of penalties although they never gave either team a powerplay, just went and did a face off.

Guys that stood out to me were...

Rastislav Konecny - Didnt overly shine but thought he played well, very good puck handler. I can see him being the top point getter on the team if Setoguchi doesnt return and if he does, those two would obiviously form part of the top line.

Bohdan Visnak - The only thing that worries me is his size, he's listed as 5'7. Got hit hard a few times, once by Kyle Klym who just nailed him along the boards. He got up and kept on playing which was impressive. Very fast skater. Wouldnt be surprised actually if he played some forward here.

Kyle Klym - Like I said above, made a very nice hit on Visnak, this guy is a keeper. May not score lots of goals although he did score tonite but he's aggresive and all over the ice. He can play hockey to, not just hit guys.

Troy Crowley - Looked good and should make the team, pretty fast.

Chris Cloud - One of the hardest working players tonite which is no surprise, he gives a 100% most of the time.

As for the goaltending, Holtby is obiviosly on the team, Trevor Peeters, Andrew Leslie, Carey Dyck and Josh Cardinal, a 17 yr old from Beardy's Midget AAA were all pretty even. Cardinal is 6'3, biggest goaltender there. I could see Cardinal being a possible backup but probably have to wait for pre-season to determine the 2nd goaltender.

Setoguchi, Rabbit werent on the roster sheet which was odd and neither was Garrett Klots acquired from Red Deer. Anyone know what his status is?

Going back to Klym, I believe it was worth picking him up.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-03-2006, 10:57 PM
yes i was told frmo gbg bleed blue that he still must make the team before he is actually involved in the team roster but your right never the less he was a good pickup

MidgetAAA
09-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Hows Brad Stebner looked?

Trav
09-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Didnt notice Stebner much but with him being 16, chances are he'll be sent back to Alberta for another year of Midget.

I'm guessing the first three will be Zahn, Toomey and Pattersson, the last spot is debatable as to who gets it. I'd go with Clements though. He shined last year at camp and looked pretty decent last nite. Just my opinion.

maple leaf
09-04-2006, 09:09 AM
What are the time's of the scrimmige's today Monday Sept.4. I was thinking of going out to take a look see.

Trav
09-04-2006, 09:47 AM
a evening scrimmage. Starts at 7 tonight.

09-04-2006, 11:45 AM
how much to get in????

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-04-2006, 11:57 AM
how much to get in????

I do not think it costs anything,but I have never been to any,but I would like to go but, I do not know how I would get there,so I think there is no cost to get in,but the Intersqaud game(Blue and White game) costs $5 and it is on tuesday.

Trav
09-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Yep its free like Bleed Blue said. Probably no sense going tomorrow if u go this evening though lol, save 5 bucks for probably the same game.

MidgetAAA
09-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanx on stebner? Is his skateing any better or is it still pretty weak from what u saw?

Trav
09-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Made some nice plays but again with him being 16, might not be room for him this year but curious to see how he does in the tournament should he still be around.

09-04-2006, 09:51 PM
yes i think he should stay, because this is most likelly a make up season for the Blades so i think he will even get a chance at some work in the whl this year