PDA

View Full Version : Phil Gervais and Mat Tassone

MidgetAAA
09-04-2006, 11:48 PM
So how is Phil doing? Do you guys think he'll make the team or be sent back down? What about Tassone how is he looking? you think he'll play on the top 2 lines?

Link Dog
09-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Tassone looked great in the black and white game, really noticed his speed. In my opinion, second line for sure. Hard to say what Dean will do with Gervais. 16 year olds are usually the exception here. That being said, he is still here with only a couple cuts left.

Toswammi
09-05-2006, 10:05 PM
he is still here with only a couple cuts left.

Yeah 2 forwards and a goaltender from opening day lineup

CrazyGeorge
09-05-2006, 11:15 PM
I think with guys like Telford, Toulmin, and Barr all still in camp, I'm not 100% sure if all three will crack the squad especially with the new rule changes and what not. They already reassigned Severson. Perhaps even Leavold could be added to that last. Personally with Leavold being 19, I'd rather see the younger guys make the squad as apposed to this particular 19 year old in Leavold.

From what I see on the roster, we have a lot of guys that play center. Which guys will remain in center and which centers will move to the wing? Schenderling is listed as a center but last year he played mostly right wing...thoughts anyone? I see Nelson and Rakos centering the top two lines with Bortis, Schenderling, Tassone and one other playing the wings. Just a thought.

Toswammi
09-06-2006, 09:00 AM
I see alot of ppl puting Toulmin in with the group of fighters. I thought that he was more a power forward with goal scoring abilities (shown in midget), than a enforcer type.