PDA

View Full Version : Spanked in Portland!

Rebel66
02-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Ouch! 7-2 to Portland and the game isn't even over yet. :dead:

Interested to hear what Shiny has to say about this game. It sounded lousy from the bits I listened to on the radio. Lot's of odd man breaks for the Hawks. Festa seemed to be keeping them in it at first but then the dam opened. What happened? Hawks played very well? Rebels lousy? A bit of both?

I can only imagine what Sutter will have to say about this one.

Enjoy your shrimp tonight at least Shiny.... Oh and better have another beer!

sir snipes alot
02-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Watched the Game on the Net, It seemed like Festa did not care. Mind you they were not all his fault. It looked good in the first minute of play, but that was it. Tomorrow is another day, this time i can watch it on the Tv, Instead of watching it through the internet

HAF
02-16-2005, 06:25 AM
I guess you guys cant win them all. The loss wont even be the most depressing thing for group on this one though.... The most depressing thing was probably the Portland beer price!!!! OUCH!!!!! You dont even want to know what that translates into in Canadian currency....

Tinner
02-16-2005, 07:48 AM
I always thought it was the water. The gang is ok, there's plenty of good cdn stuff on the bus.

The boys must have played as bad as the beer prices are high! any insight?

a7x
02-16-2005, 07:14 PM
When Red Deer scored 58 seconds into the game, and then proceeded to hold Portland without a shot on goal until about 8 1/2 minutes into the game, I thought to myself "uh oh". But when Portland FINALLY got that first shot on net, it went in.. and after that it wasn't pretty for Mr. Festa. The third goal of the game, which was shorthanded, was a very weak goal that Festa should have stopped, but McLeod was able to get a soft backhand off while his other arm was being held and the puck slipped through the five hole. The Rebels tried to hang in there, but Festa really could take all the blame for the loss. Red Deer still played hard, I'll give them that, but things just weren't great for them on Tuesday.