PDA

View Full Version : EHM sim for WHL

dondo
09-07-2006, 09:47 AM
I don't know if you guys are familiar with the EHM sim program, but there are a couple of people I know who trying to create a sim for the dub ... a colossal feat in my mind but would be fun if it got done.

The idea is to rank players in each category and I figured the best way to do this would be to ask for assistance from the fans of their respective teams (although the values might get skewed due to homerism ;) :thumb: )...

anyway I would like to hear your thoughts on such an animal and if you'd be willing to help out fleshing out esp the prospect side of things.

so I guess PM me if you've got ideas or thoughts on the subject (and also feel free to post concerns, ideas, and opinons in this thread). The format will be in excel and each team will be ranked as a whole from top to bottom inputting the players attributes in a separate column.

thoughts?

Triton
09-07-2006, 10:05 AM
I'd help.Drop me a line with more about it.

westbeach55
09-07-2006, 12:22 PM
I'd help.Drop me a line with more about it.

canadian I could help you with the raiders

chiefgongshow
09-07-2006, 01:04 PM
The WHL is in NHL EHM 2005 and the upcoming NHL EHM 2006. Is that the kinda thing youre thinking of doing just specific for the WHL though?

dondo
09-07-2006, 04:44 PM
I believe so.. but there would be no NHL component it would be a WHL only EHM sim, but that sounds like a great starting place. As I say I was contacted by some buddies and this is all their idea so I only have the outline and haven't really gone into any detail with them as of yet.

so question: is the NHL 2005, NHL 2006 EHM sim a free download, or is this one of the ones you have to pay for?

Jimmypop316
09-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Theres a freeware EHM out thats very very old, but some websites release updated rosters for it.

and compared to the current new EHM games it is vastly outmatched. Theres only NHL, meanwhile a lot of the leagues excluding pretty much the real college/RSL teams in the current one and a lot more features, etc.

You can pre-order the new EHM for $34USD on SI if you want. Its going to be amazing, and I can't wait for it.

dondo
09-12-2006, 12:39 PM
well it looks like we are getting a decent structure together and the inital pilot tests have been positive, no run-time errors so far. We are using the free open-source EHM game and reducing the nunbers of teams to WHL equivalent, so we were concerned that eliminating the extra teams from the NHL format would cause grief, but so far so good.

And -- we've got another guy who is busy entering at the player's names, etc etc into a format and soon I would like some of the posters here to volunteer to take the templates and enter in stats for the each player -- It'll make the whole process go that much faster in the end.

try me at dondobongo@hotmail.com - not on messenger a lot but when I am I check my e-mail as well. I've been told the players templates will be completed in a week or so (boggles my mind -- don't these guys have jobs? :D ) .. so I would like to be able to get some of them to posters around that time.

If you are really interested in being a major contributer to the work-load - PM me and I get you hooked up with the guy who's creating the templates for each player.

thanks all - it would nice to have the assistance of posters who know the WHL inside and out and can interpret realistic ratings for the players so that the game itself is balanced.

if this all works out it could be a really viable WHL sim. Its happening a lot quicker than I thought it would as well, so I'll try to keep you guys up-to-date.

Shibster31
09-13-2006, 10:15 PM
^Yes, I do have a job Dondo.

Yes, I am the guy doing all the templates for each team in the WHL. Hesky and I need help as he's a busy guy, and I don't really know too much about the WHL besides the star players lol....Help would be appreciated.

Triton
09-13-2006, 11:15 PM
I'll help just PMme or email me at wheat_kings@hotmail.com.

dondo
09-14-2006, 03:57 AM
well there ya go shibster why did you need me? :p (stalker) :skeptical