PDA

View Full Version : Giants vs. Kelowna @ Ladner Sept. 8

GF71
09-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Sexsmith gets the start. Scharff will be getting in the game and will only be wearing a half shield. YIKES!

dondo
09-08-2006, 12:01 AM
what's up with Scharffie did he break his jaw or something? I remember this not.

GF71
09-08-2006, 07:30 AM
He gopt some free dental work from a highstick in practice before the Everet Tournament and still has a couple of owies. :)

GF71
09-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Which of you crazies are going to head out to the wilds of Ladner for the game tonight?

dondo
09-08-2006, 12:17 PM
not me -- working -- enjoy yourself

so is that why Scharffie didn't suit up for any of the games?

GF71
09-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Yes, that is why. I thought I posted it on here. Here is the deal...Thursday before the tournament Chad took a high stick to the mouth in practice. One tooth is broken just below the gum, and another is broken just above the gum. 9 sticthes on the outside and 6 on the inside. He may need a post put in, as there isin't enough there to repair the tooth.

dondo
09-08-2006, 02:15 PM
ouch -- yeah well I just ignore your posts GF you should know that j/k :p

that was probably when we were down in everett and not quite fully connected - the motel wireless left a lot to be desired. So not a lot of additional surfing was done past my nightly reports.

thx for the info though -- I just thought they were shafting him :D cause he's probably the odd man out ;)

Carebear
09-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Poor Scharffy.

HEYO I wish I could be there tonight, but I can't make it.
Someone please cheer on Hunty and Rutherford for me!

GF71
09-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Poor Scharffy.

HEYO I wish I could be there tonight, but I can't make it.
Someone please cheer on Hunty and Rutherford for me!

Oh man. :dead: LOL

Kassian
09-08-2006, 03:14 PM
I'll definitely be there tonight.

GF71
09-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I'll definitely be there tonight.

Are there going to be copies of the DVD there tonight??

Kristi
09-08-2006, 04:07 PM

DVD???

(why does my message have to be longer? I don't have anything to say!!)

GF71
09-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Yep, DVD. THey are home made fight and highlight DVD's. VERY PRO looking and from past ones very high quality. Footage is from the feeds, TV, In house feeds, "bootleg" footage, etc. THey are great!!!

Kassian
09-08-2006, 04:30 PM

Should be, yes. I haven't gotten a hold of Chris in a few days but to my knowledge he'll be there.

Carebear
09-08-2006, 04:34 PM
OH YAH.
I better save up some cash for those as well once the season starts...GAH! I need a 2nd job.

langdak
09-08-2006, 04:59 PM
I will be there tonite

Carebear
09-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Can someone do me a favour.

Watch and see if Barthel is playing for Kelowna..and let me know.
PLS & THANKS!

Beaner
09-08-2006, 05:06 PM
I cant go tonight to many things on the go. I'll be at the Bruins game though.

For those going make sure we get a recap, and if you can the roster.

I'm sure Kelowna fans would like to know who looked good etc, and their teams roster as well if you can provide.

Mind you its Kelowna, how good can they be. j/k :laugh: ;) :p

GF71
09-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Can someone do me a favour.

Watch and see if Barthel is playing for Kelowna..and let me know.
PLS & THANKS!

Who CARES???? lol NO KELOWNA FANS HERE!! LMAO Rutherford, Hunt and Barthel...not fussy are you AHAHAHAHA j'k

Carebear
09-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Who CARES???? lol NO KELOWNA FANS HERE!! LMAO Rutherford, Hunt and Barthel...not fussy are you AHAHAHAHA j'k

Okay...Rutherford and Hunt hold special places in my heart.

Only need to know about Barthel cuz he's my friends cousin and she's going to Europe and has no idea where he's playing. And I want to know what team he's gonna be with so I can go watch him again (cuz we do everytime he's playing in town).

scrunt
09-08-2006, 06:01 PM
not me -- working -- enjoy yourself

I was going to call you and see if you were available -- thank for saving me the trouble.

I'll probably go, hang out behind the goal again if I can. I'll be strapping on the gear next week for my first league game in a few years, and I need to get back in tune with the game! :bounce:

GF71
09-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Here ya go kiddies! :) I am not Beaner, so only the facts.

First Period:
1. VAN-Czibere; U/A 11:02 Wrist shot on a 2 on 1, don't recall who the decoy was.
2. Van-Repik; Franson 17:30
Shots: 11-5 Giants

Second Period:
3. Kel-Hill; Schenn 4:21
4. Van-Franson; Reese, Scharff 4:47
5. Van-Hunt; Machacek, Regner 5:42
6. Van-Dulle; Rutherford, Bouma 6:27
Shots: 5-2 Giants

Third Period:
7. Van-Repik; Wright 11:11
Shots: 7-5 Giants

3 Stars:
1. Repik
2. Dulle
3. Wright

Wow did Kelowna ever look young. And with the exception of Schenn, very small. I think this is the year the mighty have finally come back to earth. Their D had Major trouble trying to contain the Giants. Torrie Jung was terrible. Maybe nerves? When Kaval came in half way through the second the Rockets settled some. Kaval really showed Jung up, IMO. Nobody from Kelowna really stood out, but in a lop sided loss, what does one expect? On to the Giants.

Goal:
Sexsmith was in net and looked decent for the most part. The goal against beat him on the glove side and I think he would've liked another shot at it. He wasn't really tested but did flash the leather on a GREAT glove save in the third that robbed a Kelowna player.

Defence:
Molle was only ok. He seemed to struggle to keep up at times. Not a bad game all in all, but i think he will be in tough to win a spot this year. He might need a bit more seasoning in tier 2. Stay at home type.
Deck made a few nice passes but other than that didn't really do too much. He didn't stand out, but didn't hurt the team. Jury is still out, IMO
Franson was his usual self. I was shocked to see him there. had a couple of gaff's but for the most part he was a man amongst boys.
Blum had his usual game. Calm, smooth and steady. Made some GREAT passes...looks like he is putting a lot more mustard on his passes.
Flatters was only ok. Did nothing great, and nothing really wrong. Made a couple of stinky passes, but meh. He made some pretty big hits. Looked like he was dying to fight somebody at the end of the game, but it never happened.
Regner was smooth and steady. He will make the team no question.
Scharff didn't really play too much. Took a couple of shots in a mini'scrap and slowed down after that.

Forwards:
I have to give credit where it is due. Rutherford was working his ass off. Didn't really get much done, but the effort was certainly there.
Jason Reese started out very strong and was making things happen. He seemed to fade away during the game though.
Lance Bouma didn't do much at all, except take a couple of silly penalties and was not really all that noticable. He wasn't hurting the team though. He did however have a scrap and knocked the crap out of the Kelowna player. The finishing move of picking the rocket up off of his feet and throwing to the ice was a beauty.
Kyle Lamb was decent on the pk and forecheck but didn't really do a whole lot tonight.
Craig Cunningham was ok? He skates very well but needs to grow a bit. He isa bit too small IMO. A season in the BCHL (where he is going once the Giants release him) will do him well.
Spencer Machacek. What is there to say about this kid? Charlie Hustle out there. Works his ass off and makes things happen. He looks ever better than he did last year.
Kenton Dulle had a strong game. He is making a case for himself to stick around. His PK and fore check were noticable. He palyed his game and did it well. great game from Dulle.
Mitch Czibere. See Kenton Dulle. Great shot on his goal. He is vastly improved and will have a great year from everying that i have seen from him so far.
James Wright. GREAT game from James. Great passes, threw some hits, did everything well. I am really looking forward to seeing him paly this year.
Garet Hunt. Played his typical game. His skating is HUGELY improved as is his play away from the puck. He got in a scrap and lost. Can't win them all.
Mickal Repik...He started off great.. kind of vanished and then re appeared with a great goal. When he was on though, he was all over the place making things happen. Good to see.

old_time_hockey
09-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Carebear will be happy that Hunt dropped the gloves in the 3rd.

Carebear
09-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Carebear will be happy that Hunt dropped the gloves in the 3rd.

No.
I don't enjoy him fighting, unless he wins, which you say he didn't. Do you know what its like to see your favourite players head get SMASHED against the glass 6 inches in front of you?! It's traumatic okay!

BUT..HE FREAKING SCORED AND I FREAKING MISSED IT!? WHAT THE HELL!?!?!! Afakwjehfawehfa :mad: WOOT WOOT FOR YOU THOUGH HUNT!

And I told you guys Rutherford plays his ass off! sheesh! You guys don't give him near enough credit. This kids awesome.

Swando
09-09-2006, 03:08 AM
GiantsFan71:: Thanks for the great up date. Was waiting all nig to here how the boys did. Beaner Who? lol

N.W. Bruin
09-09-2006, 06:24 AM
Here ya go kiddies! :) I am not Beaner, so only the facts.

Franson was his usual self. I was shocked to see him there. had a couple of gaff's but for the most part he was a man amongst boys.

When Dan Russell had done a interview with him for Sportstalk. Dan had sounded surprised that Cody didn't have to go to rookie/prospect camp. I wasn't sure if Cody was going to be around or if he would leave early and practice in Nashville on his own time with the vets (like the Canucks vets practicing before and during prospects camp in Burnaby to get to know people a bit and get ready for main camp.

rinkrat
09-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Who wore the "letters"?

langdak
09-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Scharff had the C

Franson had an A

And for the life of me, i cant remember who else wore A's

kellybruin
09-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Who wore the "letters"?
Scharff wore the C,cody,spencer and kyle wore the A"s.

dondo
09-09-2006, 06:59 PM
nice recap GF71 I almost feel like I was there now -- when Beaner goes on vacation we'll slot you into recap duties. :thumb: