PDA

View Full Version : Warriors N Tigers

SeventhHeaven4U
09-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Is the game being broadcast by MH or MJ? I won't be in town so I'm hoping one of them is broadcasting on the internet this weekend.

Tiger Trauma
09-08-2006, 12:13 AM
I dont think Medicine Hat broadcasts any preseason games

SeventhHeaven4U
09-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Hmmm I hope someone is going to the game so they can fill us in on what happened. I'd go myself but I'll be up north til Sunday night :(

Good Luck Warriors!!!!

SeventhHeaven4U
09-09-2006, 08:00 AM
Soooo everyone was out late last nite partying cuz there's still no score for this game.... Hopefully when I come back in 8hrs one of our loyal Warrior fans will have an update for the rest of us who couldn't make it :)

Curious to hear if any of the vets played last nite, would be nice to see how they're coming along in the pre-season seeing as we hear mainly about the contenders for a spot on the club.

mjwfan
09-09-2006, 10:27 AM
We lost 3-1 .. Jock Sutter had the lone goal for the tribe on the PP .

Tiger Trauma
09-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Who stood out for both teams? Which veterans were in the lineup?

Hatguy
09-09-2006, 02:54 PM
I read in the paper that Jebson had a good game. 32 shots, three goals allowed. Not too bad for a rookie goalie.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-09-2006, 03:02 PM
yes he without another thought was the player of the game

SeventhHeaven4U
09-09-2006, 07:22 PM
From what I've read:

Jebson wasn't good but he wasn't bad either.... gave up some bad rebounds that could've cost them.

The team seemed to lack intensity in all areas of the game.

We know some vets that were out there were Ehrhardt, Bast, and Smith... no mention of others.

Young is one game away from making a decision on who is on the team and who isn't....

Didn't anyone here actually go to the game and get a program?? The Warriors site is HORRIBLE for updates, the online newspaper gives you 1 lousy paragraph if you're not a subscriber, and the Tigers site/paper don't have any info at all bout the game!!! :(

Warrior Fan
09-09-2006, 09:02 PM
I was there.

Jebson looked very stong. He played well all game and made some huge saves.

Bast was the best vet on the ice. Nyren looked very good again.
Grecica is just a bull with decent wheels, incredible size, and has a good set of hands as well.
Prokop has just unreal size and displays good playmaking ability. He has skill and will develop well in MJ this season.
Our strength is our youth. Smith Wray and Robinson are going to have to develop fast if we are going to compete this season.
Robinson and McKenzie are my biggest disappointments thus far. McKenzie is being outplayed by Grantham. He has thrown huge hits, fought very well in every game I have seen and skates better. He is also more aggressive in fighting through traffic out front of the net.

McKenzie/Robinson/Zetariuk should be move soon. I have to say those 3 need to be dealt as their is just not enough room on this roster for them this season or next.

SeventhHeaven4U
09-09-2006, 09:49 PM
I can't believe you still believe we should get rid of Zets. We don't have alot of experience on the backend and need him back there physically and in spirit, we need more than just him.... for now it'll have to be Simpson n Zets on the blueline and then after a couple months we will see a trade for someone.... and it won't be Zetariuk leaving, contrary to your beliefs.

I agree with you on Robinson and McKenzie though. Grantham can replace McKenzie easily with his toughness and presence in front of the net.

Warrior Fan
09-09-2006, 10:52 PM
I can't believe you still believe we should get rid of Zets. We don't have alot of experience on the backend and need him back there physically and in spirit, we need more than just him.... for now it'll have to be Simpson n Zets on the blueline and then after a couple months we will see a trade for someone.... and it won't be Zetariuk leaving, contrary to your beliefs.

I agree with you on Robinson and McKenzie though. Grantham can replace McKenzie easily with his toughness and presence in front of the net.
I simply think he brings the most for us in return. I personally think we need a top end center and those 3 or 2 and a pick could get that for us. I think Zets and Robinson 20 and 18 year old could get us that 18 or 19 year old center for the top line. Just my thoughts. It would be my strategy. I also think that our strength is our youth. We need to let some of them develop so we can be strong for the next 3-4 years. We could really dominat with Perricone and Jebson in net and Erhardt Stanton Suer Hamonic Sutter Smith and Atkinson on the backend. We aren't winning anything this year so lets set up for the future. Stack right up on all fronts and all age groups. We can really get things going here.

Hatguy
09-10-2006, 02:36 PM
If I was a general manager I wouldn't want garbage like Robinson and Mackenzie. Who is going to want them? Zetariuk isn't going anywhere man, just drop it already.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-10-2006, 03:14 PM
done and done why is he so important and who do you think your gunna get for him? setoguchi?, actually dont be suprised if you dont if this team contends dont be suprised if the blades make a move with him in it

Hatguy
09-10-2006, 10:40 PM
done and done why is he so important and who do you think your gunna get for him? setoguchi?, actually dont be suprised if you dont if this team contends dont be suprised if the blades make a move with him in it

Me no get what you say..... :spineyes: