PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs. Tigers

Toswammi
09-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Broncos win 6-5 in OT
The Wiess/Steiler show continued in Swift tonight. Dale had the hatty, including the game winner, and Steiler had at least two assists.
Bortis scored two and Toulman sniped the other (literaly, picked the corner).
Was disappointed in the ref though. In a time and age where everything is a penalty, he called nothing.

CrazyGeorge
09-10-2006, 02:19 AM
Who was playing with Steiler? Wiese? Bortis? Toulmin? What line combo's were together tonight?

ointhecreek
09-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Was a pretty good game for preseason. I was impressed with Weise and Stieler. Stieler is fast and Weise player physical. Bortis put on a show and Tassone and Claffey looked like they belong. The only slight disappointment were Postma, seemed a little slow and passes were off, and Curtis seemed to be fighting the puck and loosing track of it a lot. Big kid though, wow! I'm really looking forward to the season, should be a good one!

Toswammi
09-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Who was playing with Steiler? Wiese? Bortis? Toulmin? What line combo's were together tonight?

The big line was Steiler, Weiss, Wudrick
I believe that Bortis, Smith, Toulmin were playing together
The other 4 forwards shared time on the other line.
Macavoy played defense.

Curtis looked alright, but at times he got lost, and seems to have a tough time controling his rebounds.

Toswammi
09-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Was a pretty good game for preseason. I was impressed with Weise and Stieler. Stieler is fast and Weise player physical. Bortis put on a show and Tassone and Claffey looked like they belong. The only slight disappointment were Postma, seemed a little slow and passes were off, and Curtis seemed to be fighting the puck and loosing track of it a lot. Big kid though, wow! I'm really looking forward to the season, should be a good one!

I thought that he played a good game.

d-man
09-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Weiss, Wudrick and Stieler looked great - Stielers celebration after Weiss scored in OT was priceless. Good to see kid gets excited even if it is exhibition

Can't wait until Rakos returns and see if he gets some time with this line

Toswammi
09-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Weiss, Wudrick and Stieler looked great - Stielers celebration after Weiss scored in OT was priceless. Good to see kid gets excited even if it is exhibition

Can't wait until Rakos returns and see if he gets some time with this line

He may not be from these parts, but he must know that whenever the Broncos beat the Hat (even in exhibition hockey) its reason to celebrate.

CrazyGeorge
09-10-2006, 10:53 AM
If the line of Wudrick, Steiler, and Weise (I'm assuimg that Wudrick played lw, Steiler was at center, and Weise played the right wing). If this was the case, when Rakos gets back, if this line played so well together, why would he take place of anyone on that line? I'd put Rakos between Bortis and Toulmin, bumping Smith to a different line perhaps. I'm really interested to see what line combo's will be put together.

CrazyGeorge
09-10-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm assuimg that Wudrick played left wing, Steiler was at center, and Weise played the right wing. If this was the case, when Rakos gets back, if this line played so well together, why would he take place of anyone on that line and if so, who? I'm really interested to see what line combo's will be put together.

Toswammi
09-10-2006, 11:18 AM
If the line of Wudrick, Steiler, and Weise (I'm assuimg that Wudrick played lw, Steiler was at center, and Weise played the right wing). If this was the case, when Rakos gets back, if this line played so well together, why would he take place of anyone on that line? I'd put Rakos between Bortis and Toulmin, bumping Smith to a different line perhaps. I'm really interested to see what line combo's will be put together.

Bortis will be playing on a line with Nelson, no idea who will be the other winger on the line though.

RDRebelsfan
09-10-2006, 11:50 AM
who scored for the tigers?

ointhecreek
09-10-2006, 01:41 PM
who scored for the tigers?
1. Rumpel 2. Swystun 3. Bosch 4. Sokol 5.Deagle

Flathead
09-10-2006, 07:51 PM
The Wudrick, Weise, Stieler line was the best line of the night for either team. Bortis was also looking very good last night as was Gervais. Gervais is very good with the puck, not afraid to hit and works hard every shift, you can tell he's playing to stay up with the club. What was with McAvoy playing defense, he isn't going to be there all year is he? I also thought that Zack Smith really upped his game from when I last saw him in the black and white game.
I thought mostly everyone played a good game, there's still a few question marks in my mind, but I'm not the one making cuts.
I was also surprised with the officiating, but enjoyed it. I liked the fact that he didn't call one penalty after another. Nothing worse than a steady parade to the penalty box, which unfortunately I think we will have to see a lot this year.
When regular season comes around and we have a final roster, we are going to be in for some exciting hockey.

Flathead
09-10-2006, 07:53 PM
1. Rumpel 2. Swystun 3. Bosch 4. Sokol 5.Deagle
That Deagle kid is a good little hockey player.

Scout
09-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Why was McAvoy on defence? That would be 8 D unless he was filling in for Rumsey and Crowley. There are still cuts to make i realize and i think we may see a surprise or two. Who will be the two goalies? Will a vet D man be gone? As for Steiler? He is in a different country and i know he can't wait for his homeland buddy Rako's to return. When Daniel returns and takes David under his wing he will even be more explosive. I know the team has taken David under their wing and make sure he spends time with the boys even if there is a language barrier. Guys phone him and pick him up so he can gel and feel like part of the community. This team is very close and some players are saying this is one of the closest knit teams they have ever played on. No jocks or anyone feeling they are better than the next guy but a team where every player is as important in their role as the next guy. I give Dean and Dave credit for that. This team may surprise a few around the league.

Scout

Toswammi
09-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Why was McAvoy on defence? That would be 8 D unless he was filling in for Rumsey and Crowley. There are still cuts to make i realize and i think we may see a surprise or two. Who will be the two goalies? Will a vet D man be gone? As for Steiler? He is in a different country and i know he can't wait for his homeland buddy Rako's to return. When Daniel returns and takes David under his wing he will even be more explosive. I know the team has taken David under their wing and make sure he spends time with the boys even if there is a language barrier. Guys phone him and pick him up so he can gel and feel like part of the community. This team is very close and some players are saying this is one of the closest knit teams they have ever played on. No jocks or anyone feeling they are better than the next guy but a team where every player is as important in their role as the next guy. I give Dean and Dave credit for that. This team may surprise a few around the league.

Scout

The Pittsburgh Steiler has to wait no longer for his fellow countryman, i believe that Rakos is in town now.