PDA

View Full Version : Brian Sutter To Coach...

RDRebelsfan
09-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Brian Sutter has agreed to be the Bentley Generals Senior AAA Head Coach for this season!

I heard it from a more than reliable source last night...and I think a few of us expected it to happen at some point last year but Sutter had too many other things on the go to be able to get too involved...but its going to be a go this year and it is without a doubt the BEST thing to happen to the team in quite awhile now.

Just consider the credentials...
-1991 Jack Adams Award winner for Coach of the Year in the NHL.
- 13 yrs Head Coaching experience in the NHL
-12 Yrs playing (all with the Blues)
...and of course a pedigree that only a Vandermeer could appreciate the value of.

He's not wasting anytime either...as the core group of players are meeting with Brian this weekend.

Brain Gerrits and Jason Lenz are on as Assistants'. Does that make the return of Big Smitty a garuntee? I don't know that...but I'll let everyone do their own math.

Coaching is something that requires its own distinct knack,Brain Sutter has it and he will make a major impact...he will also be a big help in enticing some top name talent to the team for the Allan Cup run I would think.
More than that though...he's a guy who fully understands and values small town living and I would be willing to bet that had a lot to do with why he has decided to do this. He's a guy who would be coaching the local bantam team or running the time box even if he had never set foot on an NHL ice surface or bench.

I may not agree/understand every coaching move he makes this year...but I will say right now I'm very excited that he will be part of this season and its really kewl that he is willing to lend a hand.
Every team that wants to be great needs great coaching...this years squad is going to get just that and the timing is perfect.