PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Lineup. This is getting very difficult

Warrior Fan
09-10-2006, 04:53 PM
McArdle Wray Holzapfel
Rapac Bast Gillen
Reige Nyren Smith
Grantham Prokop Grecica

Herman, McKenzie, Robinson and Barkwell are trade bait I think.
I think that they should trade Barkwell for a conditional pick to the West Division just to give him a shot as some team can likely use him. We have too much depth.

Simpson Chapman
Grundling Erhardt
Sutter Suer
Stanton Hamonic

That is a pretty solid D if you ask me. We have way too many players and we need to find some room for these kids.

Perricone
Jebson

I don't even blink an eye making this decision.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-10-2006, 09:33 PM
I guess that you think zetariuk will get traded. What kind of player would he get traded for, if you think it will happen?

Take a guess, or show an example(s) of what players you think you might trade for.

Warrior Fan
09-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Our strength is our youth. We have a ton of high end dmen ready to step in and learn. We aren't winning anything this season. Not saying we won't compete we just aren't the team we were last season. I would think that Zet should be dealt and around trade deadline time I would think that McArdle would be dealt as well. Now dealing Zetariuk and Robinson to a team looking for some second/third line scoring and a good solid dman with a hard shot from the point could land us a 1st round bantam pick at least if you throw in McKenzie and a 4th rounder or something like that. Not saying that is the deal but something needs to be done to let the youth on D play and to keep the best possible forwards around as well.
Nyren Bast Prokop Grecica Labreche Sommers Maylan Smith and Atkinson are all high end guys and will perform very well in this league. That being said they are all 17 and under at this point. That is 9 guys on the team next season already. Not counting the Stanton Suer Hamonic combo that may or may not make the team this season depending on what we do on the backend. With those 3 that is 12 guys on the team. Add Perricone Jebson Smith Wray Holzapfel Bast Nyren Erhardt and Chapman and we are at a near full roster already.
I just think we have enough depth on the back end at this point that we can afford to deal him and the extra forwards we are carrying that are replaceable IMO.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-11-2006, 12:39 AM
Trading zetariuk would most likely not be the best choice, unless its a deal you cannot refuse. He was, and still is a good veteran presence on the team and will be the strongest link on your defence this year. While with Mcardle, he, with Holzapfel will be the go to guys for your offence, But he can fetch a good price on the market. If he excels this season, you could trade him to a playoff team for some future talent( maybe 88s, or 89s) at the deadline. Some players who will most likely enforce your younger guys when the warriors are done rebuilding.

The best bet would be to see how they perform in the season, and if the team can get a good deal that would serve them well in the future, you could deal zets or mcardle or whomever. As for this year not being "the" year, it doesnt mean this isnt an important year. Its more of an experience year for guys like Nyren and Prokop and the rest. Moose Jaw will lucky to reach the 2nd round of the playoffs (not saying you can't go any further), which is good playoff experience for the young guys, and a chance for the older guys to show their worth for the next level.

While the teams future defence looks fine (from what I hear), and the bottom half of the offensive line up are, for the most part, rookies, who should get alot of experience this year, I have not heard very much about the young goaltenders. How are the young goaltenders behind perricone performing? Who looks to be this years backup, or go to guy 2 years down the road?

Warrior Fan
09-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Trading zetariuk would most likely not be the best choice, unless its a deal you cannot refuse. He was, and still is a good veteran presence on the team and will be the strongest link on your defence this year. While with Mcardle, he, with Holzapfel will be the go to guys for your offence, But he can fetch a good price on the market. If he excels this season, you could trade him to a playoff team for some future talent( maybe 88s, or 89s) at the deadline. Some players who will most likely enforce your younger guys when the warriors are done rebuilding.

The best bet would be to see how they perform in the season, and if the team can get a good deal that would serve them well in the future, you could deal zets or mcardle or whomever. As for this year not being "the" year, it doesnt mean this isnt an important year. Its more of an experience year for guys like Nyren and Prokop and the rest. Moose Jaw will lucky to reach the 2nd round of the playoffs (not saying you can't go any further), which is good playoff experience for the young guys, and a chance for the older guys to show their worth for the next level.

While the teams future defence looks fine (from what I hear), and the bottom half of the offensive line up are, for the most part, rookies, who should get alot of experience this year, I have not heard very much about the young goaltenders. How are the young goaltenders behind perricone performing? Who looks to be this years backup, or go to guy 2 years down the road?

I think Jebson has played very well and Karambelas has had a good camp but did struggle in the last 2 games he has played in. He was great early on though. I still believe that Jebson is going to be the goalie that sticks and he is 17. I also think that Mathews and Willow preformed extremely well while in camp. The Alaskan kid didn't come to camp but will be here next year I am sure.