PDA

View Full Version : Blades Vs Pats

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-10-2006, 06:36 PM
final game of the ice breaker tounament and the pats jump to a 3-1 lead after the first period, post if something happens

09-10-2006, 08:15 PM
blades lose to the regina pats by a final score of 4-1, Holtby came in, in the second and played a good game regardless he picked up the loss, any thoughts?

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Josh Cardinal was struggling again tonight,I think that the two goalies will be Holtby, and Peeters.

It is kinda weird not seeing the names on the back of the jersey and made me look again to see who some of the players were,espeically when players are rotated into the line-up.

The Pats were somewhat more physical in the first period,but in the second period, both Troy Crowley and Kyle Kylm impressed me as well as Chris Cloud.

Blair Macaulay scored the only goal for the Blades. The game was a typical Pats/Blades game physical and played with an edge.

Both euros played again tonight,but neither really stood out. Then again this was only the preseason,and they both teams were missing players.

There was one scrap in the 3rd period(if I remember correctly) it was Kyle Kylm VS Derek Reinhart,there was a big crowd infront of the Blades net, the puck was frozen by Holtby and those two started pushing and off came the gloves and away they went!! They grabbed ahold of each others jerseys and got some small shots in,in the end Kylm fell to the ground,and Reinhart landed on top of him. I would say it was a draw.

I hope the Blades can forget this,learn from it, and continue to get better.

This year's team is a younger team and it may take some time to get on a roll,but that is ok.

09-10-2006, 10:11 PM
yes i listened to the game and i saw that klym was playign very good i really hope he makes the cut, and im starting to have alot more faith in holtby i heard he made one hell of a glove save tonight

Trav
09-10-2006, 10:15 PM
from what I've heard have gotten better every day. Everyone's been talking about Visnak which is great. Liked him at training camp and Holtby, well going by Les, the score could've been 7 or 8 to 1 if it werent for Holtby. Hope he cna keep it up.

09-10-2006, 10:42 PM
actually no offence to visnak because he is a very skilled player and will be great in time to come but he still needs so learn north ameican rules i was notising his confusion in tonights game but all in all in the 2nd half he should start to blossem into a good player and next season he can accomplish whatever he desires