PDA

View Full Version : Syracuse Skychiefs

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-11-2006, 04:25 PM
ok if im lucky theres most likely 1 Syracuse Skychiefs(AAA baseball) fan in this Whlfans.ca but im a huge fan and i want this team to do good and they had John-Ford Griffin(one of the top prospects)Kevin Barker(huge Slugger with great numbers)Chad Mottola(another great slugger) and Adam Lind(who dominated this year with unreall numbers) and they still ended up 20 games back of first place, any thoughts.........at all???, anyithing about the Skycheifs would be great really

Hatguy
09-11-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm only a fan of Syracuse because of the Jays. Mottola is terrible, he can't play the field at all and from what I saw during the summer he couldn't hit very well either for the Jays. He's also like 36 years old and a career minor leaguer.

Adam Lind looks like a solid hitter, possible DH in the future. He launched one the other day against the Angels. Lind, I'd say is the Jays top prospect.

Griffen, meh... He's average. I think Barker is older too, but he looked okay when I saw him last week playing with the Jays.

It's hard to win when your minor system is mostly garbage. That's just my opinion though.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-11-2006, 06:47 PM
heres mine

Griffin-pure power and if healthy watch out
barker-lyle overbay lookalike, also hits for good averagecan put an extreme pop in the bat when he tries
lind-agreeing with you possibly the best prospect in the jays organization, doesnt try to do to much with the ball and can still drive it
mottola-hes done, even though he can hit home runs but cant play the field worth a dam, and i know you watched the game to when he and im sure it was johnson didnt know what the hell to do when the ball was popped up
but all in all i liek the skycheifs no matter what happens and those are by far my favorite players