PDA

View Full Version : Clayton Barthel

Boltprospects
09-12-2006, 01:06 PM
What can you tell me about Clayton Barthel?

He was invited to Tampa's prospect camp in July, then earned a ticket to play for the Lightning in the Traverse City, Michigan prospects tournament (ending today), and is now on the Lightning's roster for their NHL camp as an invitee. No small task for Tampa under the current management group. In fact, they've MAYBE invited 3 junior prospects in the past 5 years to the NHL camp. Actually, maybe 2.

What kind of a player is he?

Carebear
09-12-2006, 01:49 PM
I can't tell you what kind of player he is because I haven't gotten to watch him closely that much. I can tell you that he is a very nice down to earth guy (or from the times I've met him I got that impression anyways).

BUT...sounds like he's doing well at camp? Any further insight about it?

rezstyle
09-12-2006, 03:10 PM
He seemed to be a pretty solid player. Given, I haven't seen him nearly as much as the local Seattle fans, the games I did see he played a rugged, but clean game. He is also a very underrated fighter IMHO.

Shooter
09-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Barthel is solid blueliner, he has a very hard and accurate shot from the point. He also improved on his positioning last year and did not get caught off the play very often. I was suprised that the Capitals did not sign Barts, only thing I can think of is that they were concerned with the back problems he had last year.