PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Kramer

hockey fan for life
09-13-2006, 10:40 AM
I just want to know what Kamloops fans think of Kurt Kramer the 17 year old goalie from Richmond BC.
I watched him play against the Bruins in Chilliwack and we thought he looked really good! He gave up two PP goals. One was not cleared by his defence after he made two great pad saves and the second PP goal against was on a five on three kill no chance.

I think the Blazers defence has let there goalies down.Will Kramer stick?

FredWhety
09-13-2006, 02:33 PM
I just want to know what Kamloops fans think of Kurt Kramer the 17 year old goalie from Richmond BC.
I watched him play against the Bruins in Chilliwack and we thought he looked really good! He gave up two PP goals. One was not cleared by his defence after he made two great pad saves and the second PP goal against was on a five on three kill no chance.

If you believe in depth charts and assuming he is equal to the 1990 they should take Kramer. If he was really bad then you would expect them to go with the 1990.

scamperdog
09-13-2006, 08:45 PM

Going into this season I thought for sure he would back up Maniago, but from what I understand he got of to a slow start in camp and is in a major battle for the spot with Flette who has been very good in camp, should be interesting to see what happens in these final preseason games to who wins the job.

Sput
09-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Seeing them both last night....Kramer looked shakey. Doesn't handle traffic in front very well. Gendur's shot was a rocket to the glove corner and blew past him, but in all honesty I'm not sure Maniago would have stopped that one either. Of the two I saw, Flette looked a bit sharper and more comfortable between the pipes and in traffic.

hockey fan for life
09-14-2006, 02:58 PM
I think Kramer has huge up side and given the right goalie coaching he will be a great goalie in this league. He takes up so much of the net with that huge 6'4 frame. He needs more defensive help. :groovy: