PDA

View Full Version : Bronc's Crowley headed to Lightning Camp

hockeynut69
09-13-2006, 02:46 PM
There's nothing like a sturdy defenseman, especially one who's put on an inch and a half and 15 punds of muscle over the off-season.

Crowley just comleted the Rookie Tournament in Traverse City. Although the Lightning Rookie Team had some trouble with consistency, Crowley played very well in all three games. Highlight? Three assists in the third game.

14 of the 25 players were asked to attend the main camp in Tampa, Crowley being one of them. Sort of surprising seeing as he doesn't stand out much in his WHL play, but maybe that's a mark of the past. His confidence is way up, which was something he desperately needed.

An interesting side note.... Dane's younger bro Troy is playing with the Blades this year (Where the older Crowley started out) and has already become the media darling of the team. Why? Exciting to watch, fantastic mobility, great scoring ability and a magnetic personality.

PrairieIce
09-13-2006, 02:59 PM
where did you hear this? i hope it's true, he sure came out to broncs camp looking good. Crowley needs a huge confidence boost to play at his potential; maybe this will do it?

Hatguy
09-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Yes, I saw his name on the Lightning site as well when I was searching for Jones' tournament stats. Jones did well by the sounds of it.

hockeynut69
09-13-2006, 06:13 PM
where did you hear this? i hope it's true, he sure came out to broncs camp looking good. Crowley needs a huge confidence boost to play at his potential; maybe this will do it?

it's definitely true...via a very reliable source! confidence does seem to be a large factor in Crowley's game. He has improved markedly since his first few seasons; he used to be so shaky with the puck and now he'll skate anywhere with it, which bodes well for the Broncs this season. Confidence is a huge component of any athlete's performance, and now that Crowley is being recognized as an up-and-comer, he's sure to project that new confidence onto the ice.

Flathead
09-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Crowley was one of our best dmen, and a crowd favorite with his hard hits, and no fear to drop the mitts. With his new found confidence he should be a force this year.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-20-2006, 09:25 PM
wow crowleys really getting famour now that hes of the blades :burningma makes it harder to deal with that we traded him especially considering that we need another good D`man

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-20-2006, 09:32 PM
The Broncos won in that deadline deal,I think that they owe the Blades,but I doubt the Bronos will pay them back. I knew that Crowley was going to be a great player and that is what he has turned out to be,and it will be very interesting now that the Broncos are in the east division.