Sput
09-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Final score 4-1 Cougars.

Goal scorers:
1st period Kamloops Krause from Stretch PP
2nd period Pr. George Robertson from Walker and Vrana PP
3rd period Pr. George Walker from Robertson and Redden PP
3rd period Pr. George Fuller from Robertson and Walker
3rd period Pr George Gendur from Vrana and (I missed the call on this one)

Play by both teams was pretty sloppy, to be expected for this early in the season. Teams seemed to have figured the penalty calls out. The Cougars took a little longer to get it as the penalty calls were 9-2 at the start of the third. Not counting the offsetting minors and fighting calls, the penalties ended up 11 for the Cougars and 10 for the Blazers. I think there were only one or two 5 on 3's, but more often 4 on 3's happened.

Fights....if you could call them that, were Tyrell vs Woznikoski. Not to much more than a restling match with Tyrell on top when they fell, but Woznikoski tossed a few with the linesmen tieing Tyrell up. Fuller vs Bender, again not to much more than a wrestling match. Both guys effectivly tied one another up and not real shots landed. No take-down, tho Bender did land a few more softies inside with no affect. Call it a draw. Patterson vs Skrudland, nothing. Wrestled a bit till they fell, not punches landed, skated off laughing.

It was what I expected from a pre-season match. Not a lot of flow or sustained pressure by anyone. Rafael and his other two ninja turtles didn't do a horrible job on the calls. Its going to take a lot of time a understanding to know why they make the calls that they do now. They are calling it by the textbook, and a lot of fans will have to make that adjustment as well as the teams.