PDA

View Full Version : Carolina looking to trade Jack Johnson???

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-14-2006, 12:01 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177467&hubname=nhl

Quick JFJ get him!!!!! :laugh:

Toswammi
09-14-2006, 12:15 PM
For Staal!
They want the Staal monopoly (linked to rumors w. both Pitt/NY for them)

Jimmypop316
09-14-2006, 03:32 PM
I'd rather the Pens keep Staal now... but Jack Johnson coming up next year will pretty much put the pens in the playoff race for 07-08.

chiefgongshow
09-14-2006, 07:13 PM
I dont know how well having the Staal brothers on the Canes would work out. Every interview with Jordan hes said he doesnt want to be in Erics shadow, and just doesnt seem cosher when asked about his brother. That said I think the Canes are looking for a D-man with the lack of NHL proven guys left after the injuries.

Triton
09-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Jack Johnson dealt...

RALEIGH, N.C. (CP) -- The Carolina Hurricanes couldn't wait any longer for Jack Johnson.

The Stanley Cup champions are shipping the top defensive prospect and Oleg Tverdovsky to Los Angeles for defenceman Tim Gleason and centre Eric Belanger.

Johnson, the third overall pick from the 2005 NHL entry draft, resisted recent offers to sign with the Hurricanes because he wanted to play another season at the University of Michigan.

It forced Carolina to make a move because the Hurricanes are in need of defensive help now.

Carolina lost defenceman Aaron Ward to free agency in the off-season and will be without Frantisek Kaberle for up to six months while he comes back from shoulder surgery.

www.sportsnet.ca