PDA

View Full Version : Q Season Starts Today

Beaner
09-14-2006, 02:06 PM
from, http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?page=232&id_nouvelle=1166

2006-07 season opens in Moncton
2006-09-14
MONCTON, Thursday, September 14, 2006 – The QMJHL’s 38th regular season gets under way tonight as the Acadie-Bathurst Titan visit the President Cup champion Moncton Wildcats.

The Commissioner of the QMJHL, Gilles Courteau, will be on hand for a special ceremony to raise the Wildcats’ championship banner.

The Titan enjoyed a successful 2005-06 campaign, finishing off the regular season with 43 wins and 94 points; good for second place in the Eastern division standings. They lost to the eventual Memorial Cup champion Quebec Remparts in seven games in the QMJHL semi-finals.

The puck drops at 7 pm Atlantic time.

A full week before the WHL opens up, and with the NHL camps just starting.

WHEATMAN
09-14-2006, 09:04 PM
anyone have any ideas who the favorites are in the Q?

nivek_wahs
09-15-2006, 12:43 AM
The final score in the first game was 2-0 Moncton over Acadie-Bathurst. Of note the PP's were Acadie-Bathurst 0 for 8 and Moncton 1 for 10. Either the PP's are really bad or the PK is really good (18 powerplay attempts is still a lot.. the WHL will get the PP's down to that level eventually, the Q had the "rules" in place last year).

Acadie-Bathurst outshot Moncton 50-26 so Moncton goalie Nicola Riopel must have had to really work for the shutout.

nivek_wahs
09-15-2006, 03:58 AM
anyone have any ideas who the favorites are in the Q?Actually I just decided to read my Hockey News Sept. 19th Edition and it contains a Major Junior preview... It ranks the QMJHL from 1 to 18...

1. Val D'Or Foreurs
2. Quebec Remparts
3. Drummondville Voltigeurs
4. Lewiston MAINEiacs
5. Acadie-Bathurst Titan
and so on and so on...
18. Saint John Sea Dogs

Hope that helps a bit.

Triton
09-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Actually I just decided to read my Hockey News Sept. 19th Edition and it contains a Major Junior preview... It ranks the QMJHL from 1 to 18...

1. Val D'Or Foreurs
2. Quebec Remparts
4. Lewiston MAINEiacs
5. Acadie-Bathurst Titan
and so on and so on...
18. Saint John Sea Dogs

Hope that helps a bit.

Does it have OHL rankings and WHL?

nivek_wahs
09-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Does it have OHL rankings and WHL?I posted the WHL ones in the WHL Discussion forum. Here are the top 5 OHL teams (Jim Cressman is the writer guy)...

1. Saginaw Spirit
2. Owen Sound Attack (also in the note for the Attack... "Michael Futa is one of the shrewdest GMs in the league. His latest coup was the aquisition of Los Angeles first-rounder Trevor Lewis, a 19-year-forward who led the USHL in scoring last season")
3. Belleville Bulls
4. Barrie Colts
5. Peterborough Petes

WHEATMAN
09-15-2006, 04:05 PM
Actually I just decided to read my Hockey News Sept. 19th Edition and it contains a Major Junior preview... It ranks the QMJHL from 1 to 18...

1. Val D'Or Foreurs
2. Quebec Remparts
4. Lewiston MAINEiacs
5. Acadie-Bathurst Titan
and so on and so on...
18. Saint John Sea Dogs

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks..............

nivek_wahs
09-18-2006, 02:26 AM
After quickly scanning the Q scoring summaries I noticed that the fewest PP's in a game this year is 7 (2 or 3 times). If I was to average out the PP's each team would be darn near close to double-digits in that department with the highest being 15.

Have they adapted to the "new" rules that were in place last year? Hard to say, doesn't look like it.