PDA

View Full Version : Raiders/PG Trade

Beaner
09-14-2006, 02:24 PM
from, http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=4866

Raiders Trade McDonald To Prince George
Created: Sep 14, 2006

+ Enlarge Prince Albert, Saskatchewan – The Prince Albert Raiders have traded 18 year-old defenceman Mike McDonald to the Prince George Cougars in exchange for the Cougars 7th round selection in the 2007 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

McDonald was acquired by the Raiders from the Portland Winter Hawks at the trading deadline of the 2005-06 season in exchange for the Raiders 7th round pick in the ’06 Bantam Draft.

Triton
09-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Good.Didn't care for the kid.

Dwight Schrute
09-14-2006, 03:21 PM
wow he had an excellent ice breaker and overall good pre season. and all they got was a 7th round pick ?? kinda a cheap pick up for pg. good job by pg. i thought mcdonald wasnt a bad player for the raiders. pg must have seen something in him during the ice breaker

Sput
09-14-2006, 05:44 PM
What's up with this guy? Any ideas? Seems to have a pretty long list of teams he USED to be with, and he's only 18. 7th round pick for a warm body...the Raiders must have wanted to move him. Any enlightenment?

Five Hole
09-14-2006, 06:22 PM
It seems like a bit of a giveaway, but I figure the thinking is we've got 4 good veteran d'men in May, Gauthier, Simpson, and (2nd year guy) Palazzo, and there's some good up and coming younger guys that look ready to play that they want to work into the mix this year so they will form the nucleus of the D in the next couple years... so I figure they'll go with Vann, Tendler, Malone and maybe Thomson (assuming AJ stays pro)...