PDA

View Full Version : Cougars/Raiders trade

Sput
09-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Raiders Trade McDonald To Prince George
Created: Sep 14, 2006

+ Enlarge Prince Albert, Saskatchewan – The Prince Albert Raiders have traded 18 year-old defenceman Mike McDonald to the Prince George Cougars in exchange for the Cougars 7th round selection in the 2007 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

McDonald was acquired by the Raiders from the Portland Winter Hawks at the trading deadline of the 2005-06 season in exchange for the Raiders 7th round pick in the ’06 Bantam Draft.

Sput
09-14-2006, 05:48 PM
If McDonald works out, I can see Cooper being delt somewhere else before the deadline. The coaches seem to be happy with the play of White in goal to back up likely Cyr. I can see management going with three 20's up front in Hunter, Walker and Robertson. This will give a lot of depth to three lines, if not all four, spreading these guys out a little.

langdak
09-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Not Bad....

5th team and his 3rd season in the league hasnt even started

:)

Dwight Schrute
09-14-2006, 10:32 PM
mcdonald has had a really good preseason, good cheap pick up

bones
09-15-2006, 01:14 AM
I see McDonald as a depth pick up with Dudas out and Wishart and Mihalik still at pro camps. Once those 2 come back though I agree that Cooper is on the far outside looking in and I imagine he will get dealt or possibly go to the Spruce Kings. I also think it might be a good idea to use Vandynhoven as a forward instead of a dman and get him some icetime.

Sput
09-15-2006, 02:39 PM
I can't see Cooper going to the spruce kings, unless there is absolutly no other WHL team that will take him. There hasn't been a lot of love loss between the two PG clubs, so I can't see the Cougs doing Ed Dempsey a favor in giving cooper to them unless there is no other option.

Coops might decide to go that route on his own if he gets released by the Cats. I don't know who, if anyone, has his Tier 2 rights. If Cooper does go the the Spruce Kings, it will sure help them going to the Royal Bank Cup this year.

KBF
09-15-2006, 05:38 PM
McDonald is what they call a suitcase, he's a journeyman plain and simple and won't do anything.

In terms of Cooper, would love to finally see a hometown boy playing for the Blazers, but not sure if there is anything room, perhaps if Macias doesn't return I could see something.

Dwight Schrute
09-16-2006, 02:28 AM
McDonald is what they call a suitcase, he's a journeyman plain and simple and won't do anything.

In terms of Cooper, would love to finally see a hometown boy playing for the Blazers, but not sure if there is anything room, perhaps if Macias doesn't return I could see something.
how much have you seen him play ?