PDA

View Full Version : Kinda sick of it!

Raiderfan8
09-14-2006, 08:19 PM
Im kinda sick of the Raiders picking up everyone elses trash. Im sure this Simpson kid is a decent hockey player but he is twenty years old. We dont need twenty year olds anymore for leadership. I think we have good leadership in May, Gauthier, Depape, Elder, Doucett and Ottman. These guys arent the greatest of players but they were on a winning team that went to the east finals 2 years ago. That experience counts for a lot! So what im trying to get at is lets rebuild for the year and get rid of some of the guys that are taking up young talented players time! We dont need Simpson, Hellyer, Dowhay . We could use a few good 17 or 18 year olds instead. Id also love to see Thelen get traded about half way through the season to build towards a winner next year when we have 6 or 7 solid 19 year olds. What does everyone else think? Sabes or Wildeyes.. your thoughts?

Triton
09-14-2006, 09:34 PM
There's nothing wrong with Dowhay.Simpson does bring that experience factor(WHL finals last year) to mentor the younger guys like Vann,Tendler,Malone ect.

I do think that since the Raiders are gonna be in a funk this season,they should let the younger guys go through those troubles on their own.Look at Regina..Pyett and Ross had to learn by being on losing teams,now the Pats are a decent team.So if Simpson is taking up Vann's spot,come next season Vann might be lost somewhat if he spends half of this year in the stands.

I do where your coming,it may or may not be a good thing.I guess time will tell.

Dwight Schrute
09-14-2006, 10:28 PM
dowhay is a god forward. great penalty killer and shows great work ethic on the ice. he also could put the puck in the net if ever given a chance. hellyer well, he will put up some points, and shows tireless work ethic, while he may not be the most skilled he is a example of a hard worker. and simpson is a good pick up now that mcdonald is gone. he will take away some ice from the youngsters and not let them be overwhelmed by being thrown into the fire (much like palazzo was handled with kid gloves last year). and according to hf posters thelen is having an awesome rookie tourney and camp and ha a solid chance to be the #3 guy in houston next year, so the chances of his return are becoming slimmer by the day.
i dont consider simpson crap, yes he isnt a star and he isnt going amaze anyone, but he is no landon jones (or evan shafer of last year). i wouldnt call him crap.

Knuckle Chucker
09-15-2006, 05:40 PM
dowhay is a god forward. great penalty killer and shows great work ethic on the ice. he also could put the puck in the net if ever given a chance. hellyer well, he will put up some points, and shows tireless work ethic, while he may not be the most skilled he is a example of a hard worker. and simpson is a good pick up now that mcdonald is gone. he will take away some ice from the youngsters and not let them be overwhelmed by being thrown into the fire (much like palazzo was handled with kid gloves last year). and according to hf posters thelen is having an awesome rookie tourney and camp and ha a solid chance to be the #3 guy in houston next year, so the chances of his return are becoming slimmer by the day.
i dont consider simpson crap, yes he isnt a star and he isnt going amaze anyone, but he is no landon jones (or evan shafer of last year). i wouldnt call him crap.

I keep hearing from within the team that Thelen will be back this year.

Dwight Schrute
09-15-2006, 09:40 PM
i trust your opinion and you've never steered me wrong but the overage aquisition of simpson makes a problem with 4 overages now. who would be the one to go ? who would be the best trade bait ?

FELIX17
09-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I hope you are right. Thanks for the info.

westbeach55
09-15-2006, 10:22 PM
i keep hearing deckert could be gone, but then thelan ive heard around too. deckert traded that is

Knuckle Chucker
09-16-2006, 09:19 AM
It is not a for sure that he is coming back but some of the players have told me that they are sure he will be back. I hope for AJ's sake he makes pro but for the Raiders sake, I hope he is back.

Dwight Schrute
09-16-2006, 11:27 AM
It is not a for sure that he is coming back but some of the players have told me that they are sure he will be back. I hope for AJ's sake he makes pro but for the Raiders sake, I hope he is back.
out of deckert simpson thelen, and hellyer who do you deem the most likey to be moved ? thelen could net a nice returnfor van, or med hat or cal or quite possibly everett who is in need of a puck moving pp"QB" type d-man and they have the assets to trade too.
thoughts ?

Raiderfan8
09-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Ya, I would like to see A.J. Thelen traded but for players rather than draft picks like in the past!