PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2k7

HAF
09-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Anyone get this yet? I had it pre ordered and got it yesterday for the PS2. I must say that I am more then just a little disapointed. I thoroughly enjoyed '06 and the way the game flowed. They should have left the format alone and just updated the players and teams. Very disapointed to say the least.

Triton
09-14-2006, 09:58 PM
There were so many gliches in the 2k6 version that this time around I'm gonna get NHL 07.I prefer the 2k game play better but I found so many things wrong with it.

Kassian
09-14-2006, 10:18 PM
I am surprised you were able to get NHL 2k7 for PS2. There was supposed to be some shipping delay which pushed the release date to September 25th. Some sites say even as late as October 5th. :confused:

Anyway, I have my copy reserved and already paid for. In the meantime I decided to get NHL 2007 to try it out because I haven't bought EA's hockey game since 2003. It's a bit better than the previous years (which doesn't say much) but I still prefer the 2k series.

HAF
09-14-2006, 10:29 PM
I am surprised you were able to get NHL 2k7 for PS2. There was supposed to be some shipping delay which pushed the release date to September 25th. Some sites say even as late as October 5th. :confused:

Anyway, I have my copy reserved and already paid for. In the meantime I decided to get NHL 2007 to try it out because I haven't bought EA's hockey game since 2003. It's a bit better than the previous years (which doesn't say much) but I still prefer the 2k series.

My mistake, NHL '07 is what I was referring to as well as '06. Sorry, I had a brain fart.

Kassian
09-15-2006, 12:13 AM
My mistake, NHL '07 is what I was referring to as well as '06. Sorry, I had a brain fart.

Not a problem at all. But thank you for clearing that up because it makes a lot more sense now.

Blades 4 Life!
09-17-2006, 11:55 PM
NHL 07 is really good I think. It has Cam Barker, Shea Weber, Mike Green, Eric Fehr, Brent Seabrook, Michael Garnett, Gilbert Brule and other whlers. I beleive Staal, Cheechoo and Thorton have the best overals i may be wrong, i have only had to the game for only 2 days. Buy it if your a hockey fan and NHL 07 is suppose to be better than NHL 2K7!!!

HAF
09-18-2006, 12:00 AM
NHL 07 is really good I think. It has Cam Barker, Shea Weber, Mike Green, Eric Fehr, Brent Seabrook, Michael Garnett, Gilbert Brule and other whlers. I beleive Staal, Cheechoo and Thorton have the best overals i may be wrong, i have only had to the game for only 2 days. Buy it if your a hockey fan and NHL 07 is suppose to be better than NHL 2K7!!!

I'm not complaining about the players. I think they did fine on all of the upgrades. I just dont think it has the same feel or momentum that 06 had. Hopefully I wont notice it after I get used to it a little more but I played 06 so damn much it just doesnt feel right. In 06 I was ten years into my dynasty in the dynasty mode.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-18-2006, 12:44 AM
well i think 07 is exaclty the same as nhl 06, same graphics i love it, i have so much time on my hands, i even made the entire western hockey league, all the teams, all the players only thing is i have to exchange for a new one because mine keeps freezng up every time somebody scores :burningma

09-18-2006, 12:51 AM
i hate the 2K games i just hate the graphics, BOOOOOOO

nivek_wahs
09-18-2006, 01:40 AM

NHL07 for PS2 is alright. The game itself is bascally the same as NHL06 but the goalies seem to be a bit better... I haven't had any 20 goal games yet in 07.

There is definitely one cheesy part to this game... anyone with an above average shot can shoot from just inside the blueline and beat the goalie clean and they never chaned the easy one-timer goals which work 98% (made up number :) ) of the time. I'm still getting used to the left analog to move an right analog to pass (faceoffs too). I have almost figured that out.

In the 10 of so games I have played I notice that there is a lot of high-sticking penalties as well as ob-hooking.

The commentator Hughson (spelling?) and his colour guy (name escapes me)have pretty much the exact play-by-play as in 06 and it gets annoying.

My buddy and I were playing a game between Washington and Pittsburgh and we were wanting to scrap. In 06 you would press select to see if anyone was wanting to "fist fight" (to quote Drunk Gerald :) ). We ended up pulling our goalies... craziness. I guess that's why there is instructions :bounce: .

Overall a good game 7/10 so far...

Triton
09-18-2006, 02:38 AM
You can't make it so you don't have to use the right analog to pass?You can't change it to have say the "x" button as pass?

nivek_wahs
09-18-2006, 03:02 AM
You can't make it so you don't have to use the right analog to pass?You can't change it to have say the "x" button as pass?There are controller setups available but never really looked into them. I would believe that you could go "old-school" and play with the analog-less controls. I actually like the analog controls.

RDRebelsfan
09-18-2006, 05:42 AM
i hate the 2K games i just hate the graphics, BOOOOOOO

yes because graphics is what determines good game play.

RDRebelsfan
09-18-2006, 05:43 AM

negative, 2k7 has all those players. and 2K7 has been getting better scores, not by much but the scores have been higher.

Toswammi
09-18-2006, 08:11 AM
NHL07 for PS2 is alright. The game itself is bascally the same as NHL06 but the goalies seem to be a bit better... I haven't had any 20 goal games yet in 07.

There is definitely one cheesy part to this game... anyone with an above average shot can shoot from just inside the blueline and beat the goalie clean and they never chaned the easy one-timer goals which work 98% (made up number :) ) of the time. I'm still getting used to the left analog to move an right analog to pass (faceoffs too). I have almost figured that out.

In the 10 of so games I have played I notice that there is a lot of high-sticking penalties as well as ob-hooking.

The commentator Hughson (spelling?) and his colour guy (name escapes me)have pretty much the exact play-by-play as in 06 and it gets annoying.

My buddy and I were playing a game between Washington and Pittsburgh and we were wanting to scrap. In 06 you would press select to see if anyone was wanting to "fist fight" (to quote Drunk Gerald :) ). We ended up pulling our goalies... craziness. I guess that's why there is instructions :bounce: .

Overall a good game 7/10 so far...

I love this game, i picked it up for my PC over the weekend. The new controls are amazing, they are a little tough to adjust to at first, but it makes the game better in the end. My only beef is that they made the PC version current gen, and that i find confusing.
And if you want to fight, press down on the d-pad.

Blades 4 Life!
09-19-2006, 12:58 AM
NHL 2K7 was suppose to come out before NHL 07 but it had a really bad glitch and they all got tooken of the trucks and they had to fix the glitch. ya on NHL 2K6 or 2K5 it has Mike Green(The Mike Green Thats on NY Rangers but it has the Mike Green from the Blades Pic for him!!) Did anyone know that??? but the only reason I like the 2K games better is the all star competions, I havent played the all star game on NHL 07, I dont know if they have a competion but thats the only reason I like the 2K games better. But for graphics and just game play I like EA SPORTS NHL 07. I guess everyone has a different look on games then other people. but buy it, It's only 34.99 at Walmart or EB games. Zellers didnt have it when i went but there would probably be like 50.00 bucks lol thats Zellers for ya! GoBladesGo

09-19-2006, 11:16 PM
actually i notist in nhl 07 it is way easier to score, in 076 my average score would be 2-1 or something low but now my scores are like 5-3 or 6-3 something liek that, but i got my new nhl 07 for ps2 and it doesnt freeze up all the time lol :)

09-19-2006, 11:23 PM
and yes i was very angry when i saw the controls for 07 they were stupid, but yes you can change them and i did change them to the 06 controls, does anybody elses nhl 07 for ps2 always freeze when someone scores or is it just my luck that i picked the only crappy one in the pile(dam wal-mart people)lol

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-23-2006, 12:10 PM
I bought the game on Thursday,and I did not like the way that the controls were set up,so I changed them to the same controls that I used for NHL 06.

I like that there are alot more WHL players,including some of the Import players(Starkov,Fingren and some others) but sadly no Petr Kalus,Bohdan Visnak,Rastilslav Konecny. I found a Snellman but it was not the same one.

If anyone knows if any other WHL Imports are in the game please tell me,because I have made a team WHL which I am using in my Dynasty Career.

Toswammi
09-23-2006, 12:13 PM
I bought the game on Thursday,and I did not like the way that the controls were set up,so I changed them to the same controls that I used for NHL 06.

I like that there are alot more WHL players,including some of the Import players(Starkov,Fingren and some others) but sadly no Petr Kalus,Bohdan Visnak,Rastilslav Konecny. I found a Snellman but it was not the same one.

If anyone knows if any other WHL Imports are in the game please tell me,because I have made a team WHL which I am using in my Dynasty Career.

Trust me, take the time to get used to the new controls. They make the game way better in the end.