PDA

View Full Version : Very impressed....

patsdude114
09-15-2006, 12:33 PM
After wednesday preseason game watching some of our younger players mixed with the vets i am impressed so far our defence looked good and once Pyett and Schira get back our backend gets that much better along with throwing in Teubert....as for the forwards we look pretty good there also Eberle looks great..... he has great hands and sees the ice well im not to worried about his size or strength cuz the new rules will help him out alot along with other smaller players.....(like Iginla said in todays paper its not as much about strength anymore as it is speed and agility, that he even changed his offseason workout to loose 10 lbs) Metz i found he shyed away alot on wednesday which im sure had a big decision on him being sent back to the Pat C's it was hard to evaluate players on wednesday night cuz of all the PowerPlays..... Reekie i thought played good when he entered he gave up 2 PP goals 1 was a 5-3...

Theres going to be alot of 5-3 this season, last week i had went to MJ to watch the Warriors and Tigers play and the Ref's didnt think twice about calling another penalty while a team was already 2 men short players r going to adapt just like the NHL did.... wednesday night ppl all around me were furious with the ref but i told them its going to be like this all year the rule book is black and white if its a penalty and the ref sees it, it will be called...last year and previous years u had to murder a player to get another call when u were 2 men short... it is better for the game, in the long run theres a learning curve and it will take a few years to really adapt...anyways im getting off track here...

I am very excited about this coming season we will have a good team and if Kalus comes back we are a great team who will be a serious contender...

**heres a side note to the Kalus thing, i personally believe (not just saying it cuz im a pats fan) that Kalus will be back with Dave Lewis as the Head Coach and with the Bruins signing Kessel and with all the guys on there roster right now with NHL experience there is only really 1 opening on there roster this year for forwards and that will be Kessel's, it wont hurt Kalus to play another year of junior then nexted year if he doesnt make the Bruins he will be in the AHL FORSURE*****

Good Luck Pats tonight